Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Monsoon turbo?

Boomer

One cool thing I've noticed about my 340 Monsoon in the '05 VLX is the way the engine sounds.

At certain rpm's as you accelerate, it sorta of has a rising turbo whistle sound to it.

Anyone else notice this? I've had many passengers point it out, how cool the engine sounds.

I guess it's the intake air going through the K&N filter? Whatever it is, it sounds awesome. Biggrin.gif

stusumm

Oh Yeah! Thumbup.gif

TomS

I have this same thing and wondered what it was. Several of the "tuner" youngsters asked my if it was supercharged (like my Seadoo GTX).

aneal000

I believe your hearing the sucking sound of the air going into the K& N fliter. Lift the hatch and it becomes more apparent.

stewart
I believe your hearing the sucking sound of the air going into the K& N fliter.  Lift the hatch and it becomes more apparent.

Yup!

The cool thing would be to put a Whipple on it, then you really could boast a whistling noise :)

Boomer

Oooh, screw-supercharged wakeboard boat. Ya, sounds good. Thumbup.gif

The big bump in the engine cover would suck though, heheh.

Headhunter 2317

That sounds excellent. Do they make the K & N for all of the engines?

Might have to pick up one of those.

MARiley
Oooh, screw-supercharged wakeboard boat. Ya, sounds good. Thumbup.gif

The big bump in the engine cover would suck though, heheh.

i've always thought a big 14-71 mooneyham blower would look sweet sticking out of the cowling. people would come up and and be like "i bet my eliminator could beat you 'bu" then i'd be like "really think so?"

here's a supercharged SN LOOK AT THOSE HEADERS!!!

Super_SN.jpg

WakeGirl

We looked at a PS209 that had a SC 454 in it, & it had a factory air scoop in the cover (this was a factory option at the time, but only a few were ever ordered that way). It was [email protected], no doubt about it. The owner (a MC dealer in Louisiana IIRC) said that he used to regularly p!ss off his passengers by hammering the throttle at 35 mph. Thumbup.gif

MC,

Awesome headers, slider is going to look at that & start scheming on how to do that to our HH. BTW, I love the cammed-up sound of our HH, it is sooooo cool.

Edited by WakeGirl

WannaBu

We looked at a PS209 that had a SC 454 in it, & it had a factory air scoop in the cover (this was a factory option at the time, but only a few were ever ordered that way). It was [email protected], no doubt about it. The owner (a MC dealer in Louisiana IIRC) said that he used to regularly p!ss off his passengers by hammering the throttle at 35 mph. Thumbup.gif

Not exactly the same as the SC version, but I saw this the other day while looking at the "dark-side" of the moon! Crazy.gif

www.mcboats.com/mastercraft_inventory.jsp?go=detail&boatid=170779#

Crazy.gif