Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Standard Labor Hours?

Just back with a bill in hand -- and I'm glad to pay it (honest). Local dealer is great to deal with and suggested replacing my starter for the on/off again starting issues -- all is perfect, what a relief.

New to standard hours at a boat dealership -- the starter material cost was $172 and required "1" hour of labor at $85. My question -- is this in the ball park, is there a list for standard repairs (i.e., I had the packing on my shaft redone -- 0.5 hours (+ $10 in material).

Just like to have some data to keep things honest.

Let me know -- regards, Olive.

That's less than the dealers charge for shop time in my area... He's treating you right, most dealers would probably charge you more than 1 hour shop time. You should feel very good about this visit Thumbup.gif

That's less than the dealers charge for shop time in my area... He's treating you right, most dealers would probably charge you more than 1 hour shop time. You should feel very good about this visit Thumbup.gif

Thanks -- I'm not sure of the rules on this forum -- but I have been treated very well by our local dealer (Skier's Pier, in Waterford) -- does this count as a positive "plug"?

We were Jet Boaters until this year -- Skier's Pier offered "free" pulls every Wednesday night all last summer -- we "all" got hooked... when the discussion of Mastercraft or Supra came up there was the chant at the dinner table -- Malibu, Malibu, Malibu! (Talk about brand equity).

So we bought used -- with the knowledge that this dealer would be in my back yard (10 minutes from our lake).

Love the boat, love this site -- just can't handle the fact that the days are already fading... ouch.

Take care!

Thanks -- I'm not sure of the rules on this forum -- but I have been treated very well by our local dealer (Skier's Pier, in Waterford) -- does this count as a positive "plug"?

We were Jet Boaters until this year -- Skier's Pier offered "free" pulls every Wednesday night all last summer -- we "all" got hooked... when the discussion of Mastercraft or Supra came up there was the chant at the dinner table -- Malibu, Malibu, Malibu! (Talk about brand equity).

So we bought used -- with the knowledge that this dealer would be in my back yard (10 minutes from our lake).

Love the boat, love this site -- just can't handle the fact that the days are already fading... ouch.

Take care!

That's why they invented wetsuits, dry suits and lights. Keep on skiing until at least Halloween. The best water is yet to come, after Labor Day.

• 1 year later...

Replaced and adjusted your packing for less than $60!! I'm having it done right now, I hope it's that cheap. I know how to do it, even fabricated my own stubby 1 7/8" wrenches....but on a vdrive...$60 is money well spent.

MalibuNation

Those charges looks reasonable to me.

EDIT: I'm guessing you go to Skier's Pier ... heard all good things about them on the other side of the state. Over here we have (The) Edge Ski ... another *great* Bu Dealer.

Edited by MalibuNation

Skier's Pier is not around the corner for me but they do get my business. Ron has always treated me very well even when I was in another brand boat. The Edge Ski, has also impressed me as being a dealer I would do business with. Both are over 100 miles from my home and within 5 miles difference. I have had very good feelings with both dealers. I feel very good about the dealer network that Malibu offers to Michigan boaters. It had a lot to do with my purchase. Not that the outstanding ski wake had a thing to do with it. Whistling.gif

Sounds reasonable.

There is no "book" with a list of the "times" that you'll ever get to look at.

there is a book

ask any marine manufacture

Sounds reasonable.

there is a book

Got a name of that book?

Sounds reasonable.

there is a book

Got a name of that book?

FLAT RATE MANUAL

Sounds reasonable.

there is a book

Got a name of that book?

SPADER IS USED ALOT

Printed by who?

Malibu? Mitchell?

INDMAR has one so does every motor manufacture

MALIBU has one, so does every boat factory

you might be able to get somebody to email you them