Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sunscape 21 lsv

gharvin

i am looking into buying a 2008 model sunscape 21v. i currently have a 06 supra 21v great wakeboard boat bad slalom boat decent surf boat. I would like to know will the malibu be a decent wake, good slalom, decent surf boat?? according to their site they claim it will. Of course i would add the factory ballast and power wedge to it. we really like the v-drive set up with kids, but like to slalom as well as wakeboard. any help or recommendations will help! we do not want to run the course we more or less rec skiers. crossing the wake behind our supra at 30mph is still pretty darn scary.

At 30 MPH, any V drive is going to be a little scary, but the Sunscape will be a better slalom boat than your Supra. If you can spare the extra foot and the higher freeboard, look at the 20 LSV. That has a phenomenal slalom wake for a V drive. One of the best if not the best ever. You'll be surprised how roomy that boat is too.

I've been very happy with my 2002 21LSV. Thumbup.gif I would consider it an excellent crossover boat. Does not have a great wake for any sport, but has a pretty darn good wake for the three major sports we do (mainly slalom, some wakeboarding, some surfing). We run the course behind it all the time, and none of the guys have much of a problem skiing behind it, even when there is a sportster available to pull too.

At 30 MPH, any V drive is going to be a little scary, but the Sunscape will be a better slalom boat than your Supra. If you can spare the extra foot and the higher freeboard, look at the 20 LSV. That has a phenomenal slalom wake for a V drive. One of the best if not the best ever. You'll be surprised how roomy that boat is too.
You may find the 20 Sunscape to be a better solution for a crossover, if you can make do with a marginally smaller boat.

Ditto these two posts. I'd check out the 20' if I were you. If you can live with the little bit shorter boat, you will find that it has great slalom wakes and good boarding/surfing wakes.

Ditto these two posts. I'd check out the 20' if I were you. If you can live with the little bit shorter boat, you will find that it has great slalom wakes and good boarding/surfing wakes.

mr. rothwell i read your post on the vlx from vtx, the vtx with the diamond cut hull sounds pretty darn good, do you think that it would be a wiser choice to buy a vtx. does the vtx come with different standard option than the sunscape series??

mr. rothwell i read your post on the vlx from vtx, the vtx with the diamond cut hull sounds pretty darn good, do you think that it would be a wiser choice to buy a vtx. does the vtx come with different standard option than the sunscape series??

The VTX has the built in ballast tanks, and Tower standard. They can be ordered on the LSV 20'. I would have added the VTX standard items on the LSV and the price would have been about the same.

You really need to get out on the water with a VTX/LSV 20, then decide for yourself, but I'm very happy with mine. If you enjoy skiing, along with the other water sports, this is a sweet boat. Any boat you get will have some "give and take" and can't be perfect at everything. Just decide what is most important to you and what you can "live with". I'm coming from an Echelon, then a SunSetter Lxi, both of these boats were great ski boats, and the SSLxi was a OK boarding boat. Neither were a great boat for a family of six + friends. My VTX skiis as well as my SSLxi (the wake is different, but just as good IMO), boards and surfs better than my SSLxi, and is MUCH, MUCH more family friendly than any direct drive boat.

As a side note, the 20 ft boats fit in many garages that the 21's do not. That was not factored in my decision, because I have a deep garage, but it may factor in your decision. Just a bit more info.