Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Older VLX rear tanks

jesutton3

How much do the factory rear tanks for the pre 05 VLX weigh? I'm thinking about switching to soft tanks but want to figure out how much the factory is first.

I don't know about dry weight, but if I had to guess maybe 10 lbs. They each hold 250lbs of water, I don't know if these are the answers you're looking for.

Just bought the Fly High sacks to replace my hard tanks. You're not going to want the hard tanks if you have the option of sacks. The hard tanks just take up too much dang room back there. I should be installing my sacks this week, provided I can stand to lose 10 gallons of sweat in this heat! They do hold 250 pounds and I would guess 10 pounds each too.

Edited by Helinut

I removed the tanks and replaced with 440 lb sacs - plumbed in as the tanks were.

But this year removed the 440s and replaced with 750s.

Now its perfect

james, I removed our tanks and have 540 sacs in mine. We have 75lb lead plates on each side wiht them this year. You could go with 750's if you wanted; they will fit. Just be prepared to reprop if you already haven't. the stock #381 prop was a joke. The #537 was better, but the 475 is even better yet. I used the stock pumps and just added check valves to stop them from syphoning empty. we rarely make up past hwy 98 anymore, but you're always welcome to ride behind ours or take a look if you want to see it before you make changes to yours.