Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

set at 7am

pkenney

Is doing sets at 7am wrong on a saterday morming ?If you don't live on the lake.I'm wondering if the people that live on it,will be upset.Am I chancing loosing my coarse?

Is doing sets at 7am wrong on a saterday morming ?If you don't live on the lake.I'm wondering if the people that live on it,will be upset.Am I chancing loosing my coarse?

We do it at 7 on ours on the weekends without a problem. Seems like the only time to get good water in the middle of summer. Then again, our coarse is located fairly distant from any waterfront homes. How close is your course to someone that may get P'd off? You hate to show up some day to find your balls cut off. (!) Happened to us once after a verbal confrontation with a jet skier. Few days later - no buoys.

We initiatiated this last year on our lake: No skiing the course before 7:00 AM weekdays and Saturdays and 9:00 AM on Sundays. You can free ski the lake all you want per DNR regulations. That keeps the people near the course happy for the moment.

Rip

Regarless of a course or not, I would defer to the law here. You can start skiing one hour before sunset. Tell the lakefront owners to be happy you're late. :)

And that if they take the course away, you will be sure to start skiing an hour before sunset.

Sorry, I'm a lake access nut, not a lakefront owner. :(

Regarless of a course or not, I would defer to the law here. You can start skiing one hour before sunset. Tell the lakefront owners to be happy you're late. :)

And that if they take the course away, you will be sure to start skiing an hour before sunset.

Sorry, I'm a lake access nut, not a lakefront owner. :(

Tease2.gif That seems very late to me, and I have always thought you could ski up to 1/2 hour after sunset (California)...that would leave only 1½ hour of skiing for the day...wouldn't it? Crazy.gifTease.gif

Edited by TeamLombo

I am a lake front owner and skier so perhaps a littel biased. Ski boats in general are quieter than most two stroke O.B.s . I don't have the music on and remember your voice will carry over the water so use low tone well speaking no yelling. Also no foul language!!!!!!! Innocent.gif

We start at 7 too -- the other lakefront owners actually look forward to it as it is their wakeup call and most all come out on their decks with their coffee to watch us.

I've lived on a lake for 30 years now, few off for college and a disturbing move to the city, but mostly on the lake. We aren't allowed to start before 8:00am, but as long as people aren't yelling, playing the tunes super loud it's not annoying at all. Fishermen might get upset, people might think you are disturbing them, but just try to be respectful with the extra noises from the boat and life is good.