Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A couple ski pics

VinRLX

Oh, yes, you NEED a boom. Would you like me to call her? ;) It is a safety issue, afterall and gives your son an option to being all the way behind the boat. . .

Now, don't tell the CFO, but. . .

Skimmer board was learned using a platform start, then graduated to deep water.

Trainers he started by having someone balance him, longline.

Now sits on kneeboard and skis away, longline, still can't control the trainers while at rest in deep water.

Has now done the same holding the handle, without the skis being attached to the pull rope.

Only thing he uses the boom for, unfortunately, is dragging through the water doing 'tumble-rolls.' Boom has been used mostly by me for footing, and then by other adults/some kids learning deep water start or slalom start.

That's awesome, Jack. My kids are 13,16&19. They want to ski before I go to work, and when I get home. You've got a lot to look forward to. Before you know it, you'll be thinking that he's skiing as well as you used to, and then you'll be wondering if you were ever that good.

Fantastic! Yahoo.gif

Our daughter (11 YO) this summer blossomed into a slalom skier. She looks so smooth behind the boat...I'm really looking forward to seeing her in the course at the RAL this fall. It's a great feeling to watch the kid blossom, eh? Biggrin.gif

That is just the best feeling of pride and accomplishment for both of you. Kudos! Great form tooo.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) with 7 and 5 yr olds. Soon they'll be driving that early morning session for us. Thumbup.gif

Can't resist showing off my daughter last summer her 1st time at 6.

post-787-1184961717_thumb.jpg