Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vinyl discoloration

I have a 06 V-ride and on the sundeck the boat has white and light grey vinyl. The light grey is discoloring to a yellowish color kinda camo and uneven looking. I suspect is is due to the heat from the cover lying on the sundeck. Have you ever had this problem? Should it even be doing that. Thanks for any input.

I take it your boat sits outside all day for the sun to eat the cover away? Your cover shouldn't be doing that at such an early stage but it can happen. My advice is to always use a protect on your interior every time you get done using the bu'. Clean the interior first then spray on either "Babes seat protectant" or "303 Aerospace" to seal the surface of the vinyl and to keep it soft & good looking. Good luck and I hope it all comes off your vinyl!

Plus1.gif to Babes or 303 on the vinyl. If you boat is constantly in the sun with the cover on it, you might consider also placing a WHITE towel beneath the cover where it rests on the vinyl. Additionally, if there are sunny days; remove the cover and let the sun bleach out the stain.
Plus1.gif to Babes or 303 on the vinyl. If you boat is constantly in the sun with the cover on it, you might consider also placing a WHITE towel beneath the cover where it rests on the vinyl. Additionally, if there are sunny days; remove the cover and let the sun bleach out the stain.

Another Plus1.gif to the sun bleaching out the stain. We've got the same kinds of stains on our sun deck on our 2001. It never occurred to me that it might be the cover doing it. At any rate, the sun has bleached ours out considerably. We still have some little smudge colored stains, but it used to be kind of camo-looking when we first got the boat (used). It seems like every time we get back from the lake they get lighter and lighter.

In addition to the towel idea, make sure you're using a tall enough tent-pole (for lack of a better word) to keep the cover off of the sun deck.

Edited by sunscapeJeff