Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat to boat anchor??

R1LOVER

Need a little help here guy's and gal's........

I have seen an anchor system that looks like a fiberglass pole with a suction cup on each end for attaching two boats together. Has anyone else seen these and any idea's on where to find them online?

Thanks for you help in advance, I have been looking for a while now and I can't seem to locate them.

Rockon.gif

Edited by R1LOVER

never seen or heard of such things, but doens't it seem like two boats with a pole between them could cause problems. I could be totaly wrong but wouldn't the force of the two boats moving in either wind or rough water either break the pole or punch it through the sides of one of the boats? Does this make sense what I am saying? I am invisioning two boats side by side with a pole in between them both and then with the moving of the boats it seems like something bad could happen...

never seen or heard of such things, but doens't it seem like two boats with a pole between them could cause problems. I could be totaly wrong but wouldn't the force of the two boats moving in either wind or rough water either break the pole or punch it through the sides of one of the boats? Does this make sense what I am saying? I am invisioning two boats side by side with a pole in between them both and then with the moving of the boats it seems like something bad could happen...

You may be right! Sound like an issue, I have seen them somewhere though. I was actually going to use them to sort of dock our jet ski to the boat out on the water for a little swimming, music and beverage breaks...

That would be a good use for a thing like that. I hate tying off the jet ski just to let the wind and waves knock it back against the boat....gerrrrrrrrrr Mad.gif

Yep. I recall seeing them in Overtons as well. There was a model for PWC and a model for boats. I also recall thinking they were pretty neat, but not for the price. Seems to me that the price was something like $150 each. Whatever the price was, I thought it was way too much for what you were getting. Could explain why you can't find them anymore....

I've never had good luck with anything that uses suction cups on gelcoat.

ie. fenders, cupholders.

But I have also seen those in Overtons.

R1, I saw them a the Nautique dealer in Rancho Cordova a few years back. Dont know if they still have them, but you may give them a call.

i wouldn't want to be near that PVC when it splits and shatters though.  PVC splinters are nasty.

First, I wonder what the real ones are made of?

Second, you could always use metal fence post....

There shouldn't be that much stress on them anyhow, its just to keep space between two boats. There is plenty of flex in PVC for the little bit of force that can't be expelled into the water....

If I had two boats, I'd do it :)

JZ

i wouldn't want to be near that PVC when it splits and shatters though.  PVC splinters are nasty.

First, I wonder what the real ones are made of?

Second, you could always use metal fence post....

There shouldn't be that much stress on them anyhow, its just to keep space between two boats. There is plenty of flex in PVC for the little bit of force that can't be expelled into the water....

If I had two boats, I'd do it :)

JZ

i am pretty sure the real ones are not made of PVC. I saw them a long time ago, and they were some type of metal.

I have to disagree about the force of the 2 boats though. I have been sitting on my dock on a perfectly come day, and a fully sacked boat can come by and send a huge roller down that will cause my little 800 pound wahoo to come crashing into the dock (the bu is on a lift). even if you use a 2" pvc pipe, it can't take too much force. Last year when i was putting in our course, the pvc pipe on the entrance gates snapped on me, and i was lucky i had gloves on.

I almost forgot............. Thank you everyone for helping me try and find these. I really appreciate all your help and ideas.....

Thanks

Rhett