Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ride XTI ski wake

My family loves our new Ride XTI. Wife thinks it has a great floor plan, kids love to board behind and for the stereo. I noticed after 30 seconds behind it on my waterski that it sucks. I know, my bad for not taking a test ski and relying on Malibu's statement of "flat wake at skiing speed", compared to what I might ask?

Anyway, I need to make the best of it so I am wondering, has anyone tried a Scarpa Suppression Plate on a Ride?

thanks for any help you can offer up!

My family loves our new Ride XTI. Wife thinks it has a great floor plan, kids love to board behind and for the stereo. I noticed after 30 seconds behind it on my waterski that it sucks. I know, my bad for not taking a test ski and relying on Malibu's statement of "flat wake at skiing speed", compared to what I might ask?

Anyway, I need to make the best of it so I am wondering, has anyone tried a Scarpa Suppression Plate on a Ride?

I have an iRide which is very similar. I haven't used the Scarpa Suppression Plate, so I can't answer that question, but I can say that the wake starts flattening out at 30MPH and gets flatter as the speed increases. At around 30MPH our neighbor (that has a MC 209 around 2002 model year I believe) says we have a better wake on our iRide than his 209 (for what that's worth).

By the way, don't trust the speedo for MPH, they probably calibrated it for wakeboarding speeds. Bring a GPS on board and check the speed.

Also, if you have the wedge I don't think you can also have the SSP unless your willing to do some work whenever you want to switch it out.

I have an iRide which is very similar. I haven't used the Scarpa Suppression Plate, so I can't answer that question, but I can say that the wake starts flattening out at 30MPH and gets flatter as the speed increases. At around 30MPH our neighbor (that has a MC 209 around 2002 model year I believe) says we have a better wake on our iRide than his 209 (for what that's worth).

By the way, don't trust the speedo for MPH, they probably calibrated it for wakeboarding speeds. Bring a GPS on board and check the speed.

Also, if you have the wedge I don't think you can also have the SSP unless your willing to do some work whenever you want to switch it out.

Thanks for the words, I am willing to give up the wedge, my kids didnt buy the boat, least I expect would be a fair ski wake! I will check the speed, at 33 I am still feeling a good lip but maybe I will step it up a notch or two to see how it acts.

Thanks for the words, I am willing to give up the wedge, my kids didnt buy the boat, least I expect would be a fair ski wake! I will check the speed, at 33 I am still feeling a good lip but maybe I will step it up a notch or two to see how it acts.

At 33 and 15 off you shouldn't have much of a lip left. I suspect that you're not really going 33 if you have a "good lip" left. If you have a GPS, bring it out there and check it.

If you don't have a GPS, let us know what motor/prop you have. Ask here and you can get a pretty good estimate of what your RPMs should be at 33 MPH. The way my speedometer is calibrated right now I have to set it at 32 MPH to go about 30 (used a GPS to figure out the actual speed).