Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Repellent

I washed our bimini yesterday and then sprayed Weather Shield and stained the grey color on the fabric. It looks like dark wringled lines, I was looking for Scotchguard and couldn't find any so I settled for this stuff.

I let it dry over night and I'm pretty sure it's not coming out, what should I do?

Try and wash it out and How? I think it may have reacted with what ever was used when the top was made because when I washed it you could tell there was a water repellent used Dontknow.gif

I will have a full 303 boater kit for each boat owner at WOW this yr. Maybe try and wash it out.

Cool, I'll try and wash it out tonight with dish soap.

why did you spray anything on it... do you have problems with your bimini leaking? :unsure:

303 fabric protectant would be good to help it fight off the UV rays - of course I've never sprayed anything on mine, and it seems just fine & repels water great..

why did you spray anything on it... do you have problems with your bimini leaking? :unsure:

303 fabric protectant would be good to help it fight off the UV rays - of course I've never sprayed anything on mine, and it seems just fine & repels water great..

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!

Water Repellent, What does everyone use??

Uh, I use nothing. My bimini gets little to no water on it - and when it does, it doesn't leak.

Not sure why you'd ever need to re-treat the fabric. ??? Dontknow.gif

I guess I use the 303 for the same reason I wax the boat. to add a little protection from the elements and keep my boat my looking it's best.

But I guess you could save $10 bucks and not use the 303.