Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion tower

wsdud

i am thinking about ordering a new malibu and i have a titan tower now and it has been great , easy to lower and does not make any noise so with that in mind the Illusion looks so good but how does it compare

I've got the illusion but have never owned the titan. The illusion is rock solid, mine doesn't make any noise at all. Lowering it can be tricky for one person and requires some strength to push up on it to get the pins in and out. The titan is defenetely easier to lower with 1 person, I've dont it on my buddies. I really don't like the new Illusion and that would make me lean towards the titan 3 for sure.

i am thinking about ordering a new malibu and i have a titan tower now and it has been great , easy to lower and does not make any noise so with that in mind the Illusion looks so good but how does it compare

Overall the titan is more sturdy, I have the Illusion and love the design of it. But if you are looking for strength titan is the way to go :unsure: if you like that type of tower

I had the Titan on my last boat, and have an Illusion on my current boat. I can lower and raise the Illusion faster than I could the Titan. With it being spring loaded, it is easy to lift up and lower. The reason it is faster to take down and put up is I can do it with out taking my shoes off and getting in the boat. I stand on the wheel well and lift the tower and put in the pin, then go to the other side an put a bit of pressure on the tower and slip the pin in. Overall, it takes less than a minute.

My illusion does not rattle or shake. The design of the Titan is the best design out there for strength, but I've had no problem at all with the illusion.

Hands down, the illusion looks better - IMNSHO

I have owned both the Titan and the Illusion and I like my illusion better but both are great towers, the Illusion is definitely quicker to raise & lower. The tolerances on the Illusion suck (hole placement for racks and so forth) but it is rock soild awesome looking tower Rockon.gif