Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rule 1100 versus Tsunami 1200

sunscapeJeff

I'm trying to decide between Rule 1100's versus Tsunami 1200's for the ballast install I'm doing. I've already got one Tsunami 1200 from with DallyMally bought my first fat sac last year. It's plenty fast and I've really got no problems with it.

However, I know that it's difficult to find fittings for it, and that concerns me in regards to installing my ballast plumbing.

Anybody ever used both and have a preference? Do the Rule 1100's have the same fitting issues?

I'm trying to decide between Rule 1100's versus Tsunami 1200's for the ballast install I'm doing. I've already got one Tsunami 1200 from with DallyMally bought my first fat sac last year. It's plenty fast and I've really got no problems with it.

However, I know that it's difficult to find fittings for it, and that concerns me in regards to installing my ballast plumbing.

Anybody ever used both and have a preference? Do the Rule 1100's have the same fitting issues?

I'd personally go with the Tsunami over the Rule pumps. My VLX initially came with rule and almost all of them broke by the fitting connection Dontknow.gif . So I replaced everything with Tsunami because the plastic seems to be thicker around the weakest point (the fittings) but as far as getting connections for either one you can go to your dealer or any H.D. Lowe's .

Does anybody have the specific part number for the Tsunami 1200 (made by Attwood)?

The ones I see listed on the attwood site seem to be bilge pumps rather than the ones that connect to the through-hull pipes for ballast...

Thanks!

You can even try West Marine for Tsunami pumps and maybe the fittings for then as well. I know they have good prices on the Tsunami pumps there!

The pumps are cheaper at wakeside then the site listed above.

Well, after your post, I went to look at wakeside, and sure enough they were 29.99. But they were out. Now they're stocked again, and priced at what appears to be the market rate of 37.99. I was a few weeks too late! :(

D-goose, it looks like buywake only sells the pump "kit", which I don't need since I'm plumbing in the ballast. I just need the pump.