Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Wakeboard

Moufoo

Hey guys, my Liquid Force Watson wakeboard is coming apart, and I need advice on how to fix it. Basically, the top of the board is separating from the bottom of the board at the tip. I have already contacted buywake.com (where i bought it from) and theres nothing that they can do, and liquid force only offers a 1 year warranty which is now up. To fix it looks like it would be relatively simple, it looks to me like all I would have to do pour some glue down the crack and then clamp it shut, and when its dry paint over the glued crack to keep water from entering. What kind of glue should I use, or what other method would you guys advise?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/Moufoo/DSCN2874.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/Moufoo/DSCN2876.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/Moufoo/DSCN2868.jpg

You might look for a carpentry shop that has a vacuum press. That and some waterproof glue might work for a while, but I'm not sure it'll ever take the stress of being a wakeboard anymore.

Best of luck with it.

...just think any money spent on old board is money you are adding to price of new board.

Plus1.gif

Put that thing out of its misery...let Tgaugh get at it with his saw.

The Dog looks pi$$ed in pic one. I guess he's not a fan of pink and baby blue plaid. Whistling.gif

Edited by LS-One

That board is hammered! I wouldn't waste any time or money trying to fix it. Besides, now you have a great excuse to buy a new board, and that's half the fun isn't it? I love getting new boarding equipment almost as much as I love the actual sport.

All those boards look so out of place in a room with pink walls :)

Whoa there bucko. You may have a few things to learn before you get married. :lol:

Chances are she can kick your butt on a wakeboard or skis. I know she can sure kick mine. :)

Never said she couldn't. From what you have said about her, your daughter seems to be a very active girl. However, your typical pink walled girls room has posters of bands and pictures of friends, not wakeboards and skates...thats all I meant by it.

The Dog looks pi$$ed in pic one. I guess he's not a fan of pink and baby blue plaid. Whistling.gif

Hey now... hey... its blue and red thankyou very much :blush:

You ever see those benches made from wake boards. ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifCrazy.gif

I've actually considered making one of those benches with my Watson and an old LF Deluxe

But seriously, I think with a little bit of glue my board could be rideable at the least, just as long as I dont ride switch... Do you guys know of a glue that would work on whatever material that is?

If all else fails, i'm leaning towards a LF Fish, its 100$ cheaper than most pro level boards and it looks like a whole new wakeboarding experience.

The hyperlite Imperial also looks like the same concept of the Fish: shorter and wider.

Have any of you guys had any experience with the Fish or Imperial? I'm looking for the most pop-ing-est-wake-to-wake-fun board.

Gorilla glue is waterproof and has phenominal holding power. Wet the surfaces to be glued (stuff cures when in contact with moisture), spread copious Gorilla Glue all about, clamp everywhere, wipe off the white stuff that oozes out repeatedly. Boom, just like showroom. Well perhaps not, but might be rideable.

Remember that Gorilla Glue is highly sticky and will stick to everything it touches, i.e. fingers, your new jeans, wife's new tile floor, the list goes on and on.

get in contact with LF, they may warranty it just don't mention the word Slider and if it is brought up you don't know what one is and only ride on water!

get in contact with LF, they may warranty it just don't mention the word Slider and if it is brought up you don't know what one is and only ride on water!

Good Point, they may warranty it just out of embarrassment......

The look on your dog's face looks like he may be responsible for that mess!

Seriously, though, I always have to fight the urge to fix things myself as well. I'm just now getting to the age that I recognize that my time is usually worth more than the money I'd save doing things myself.

However, you may try taking some fiber glass mat and resin and see if that would hold it. Just clamp the laminations together, put the fiberglass mat on there, and brush the resin on. That may not hold to the painted surfaces, though. I've seen a couple of boards with dinged up edges fixed like that. Your damage looks pretty extensive to me, though.

I'd just buy a new one!

Gorilla glue is waterproof and has phenominal holding power. Wet the surfaces to be glued (stuff cures when in contact with moisture), spread copious Gorilla Glue all about, clamp everywhere, wipe off the white stuff that oozes out repeatedly. Boom, just like showroom. Well perhaps not, but might be rideable.

Remember that Gorilla Glue is highly sticky and will stick to everything it touches, i.e. fingers, your new jeans, wife's new tile floor, the list goes on and on.

I would also add that Gorilla Glue expands...add too much and you'll spend another hour cutting off excess glue!!! Tease.gif Note: Broken...that board aint' broken son...that things trashed!!!