Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Connecting Oil Extraction Pump to Hose

Does anyone know off hand what size adapters I need to connect the Oil Drain hose to an oil extraction pump? Particularly the fitting on the oil drain hose end off the engine?

Edited by lib135
Does anyone know off hand what size adapters I need to connect the Oil Drain hose to an oil extraction pump? Particularly the fitting on the oil drain hose end off the engine?

It may depend on which extractor you are using.

I have the Moeller oil/fluid extractor. It comes with two different extraction tubes which

are round, white plastic, and flexible yet fairly rigid. With this type of extractor, you simply

unclip the drain hose from the giant-paper-clip-looking clamp that holds it [at least that's

how it is on my boat], unscrew the brass cap, and snake the tube which most-closely

matches the internal diameter of the drain hose into the hose a couple of feet and start pumping.

You can also pump out of the dipstick. On my old boat, the dipstick tube was threaded at the top

and an adaptor with the smaller extraction tube could be screwed directly to it. An alternative

would be to snake the smaller extraction tube down into the dipstick tube and start pumping,

but I wouldn't advise this. I have read somewhere on this board about it getting stuck and

subsequently sheared off, leaving the distal end of the extraction tube floating around in the

oil pan.

I have read somewhere on this board about it getting stuck and

subsequently sheared off, leaving the distal end of the extraction tube floating around in the

oil pan.

That was a post from me, and I learned the hard way never to put the tube down the dipstick! Mad.gif

I think what the poster means is what size female fitting is needed to attach to the threaded male end of the drain hose...so you can have a connection which is screwed together...I have always wanted to know too, but have never had the chance to take off drain plug, go to home depot for sizing, and then come back.

My left-handed non-adjustable metric crescent wrench fits perfectly. Not sure what size that makes the threads though. . .