Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'01 SLXi extra plug in hull?

All,

I was crawling around under my new to me '01 SLXi the other day to verify that the thru hulls/plugs that have been discussed in previous posts are in there. Also to look and consider where to put a Perfect Pass Paddle wheel (I'm waiting to see what they announce this fall.) and thru-hull(s)s for dash-operated ballast.

I do have the three thru-hull/plugs - One in the transom with little square brass plug from outside. One in ski locker with square brass plug from inside. One in engine area with T-Plug and one between ski locker & engine bilge with plastic plug.

I also noticed what appears to be a black plastic plug (1.5" or so) that is slightly recesses into the bottom of the boat on the port side about even with the middle tracking fin. (about 10 - 12" in front and 6" or so to the port side of the ski locker thru-hull). It doesn't appear to go all the way through into the ski locker, but there does appear to be a flat spot on the inside about even with the plug on the outside. The inside doesn't appear to be repaired at all. Any ideas what it could be? Is this where the MLS thru hull would have gone - it appears to be about the size of a scooping thru-hull?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the info... You guys rock! In my last boat (I/O) the transducer was glued to the inside of the hull under the engine, so I didn't even consider that.

You guys said it so well, I didn't feel like there was anything to add (post padding in effect here).
:lol: At least you're honest about it. Thumbup.gif