Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spots on seats of 2006 LSV

VERY VERY VERY common for reasons unknown. Dontknow.gif

You can try Magic Eraser, Boats Seat Soap, or 303 Cleaner...but I bet Magic Eraser and good old exposure to UV rays will get it out. Someone will chime in that knows for certain but I remember this thread before.

Best of luck!

Can anyone help me to figure out how to remove these spots are on a 2006 Sunscape LSV?

I do not own the boat (yet) so I do not know the source of the stain.

Thanks!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa68/NH...ut/IMG_1185.jpg

I have the same pinkish/purplish colored stains on my vinyl in the bow. They showed up last week. I tried Magic Eraser and Babe's Seat soap, but they wouldn't come out. A friend suggested Orange-Glo cleaner. Anyone try this?

A few weeks ago we were out with friends and I almost accused one of the kids of sitting in the seat after getting candy or cool aid or something on their bottom then sitting in the captain's chair......turns out it was my own new swim trunks after getting wet then staining the seat.

Same thing here, tried to wash and got a little out but it wouldn't go away.

After a few days in the sun, nothing visible.

Good Luck

My two cents is try to get it out with a magic eraser...you won't get it all out and I wouldn't work the erea too much since it is usually around the threads and then I will agree with the others...let the sun get to it. I had three or four spots a few summers ago and they are now gone...SUN, SUN, SUN!!!!!!

New clothing or towels will definetely do this. Might take several weeks but the sun will get it out. Just make sure you don't wear any new clothing/towels in the boat without washing it first.

I thought I remember hearing about this problem before and it turned out that it was from ink that was written on the other side of the vinyl during construction. If so, could it be a warranty item?

A few weeks ago we were out with friends and I almost accused one of the kids of sitting in the seat after getting candy or cool aid or something on their bottom then sitting in the captain's chair......turns out it was my own new swim trunks after getting wet then staining the seat.

Same thing here, tried to wash and got a little out but it wouldn't go away.

After a few days in the sun, nothing visible.

Good Luck

The same thing happened to me Innocent.gif

My Seats on a 07 V-ride started getting blue blotches all over...front..rear and even the driver seats. What was weird was nobody was wearing blue....Any idea what cause this? we looked at everything and couldn’t find anything on the boat blue..so i thought maybe it was the leather discoloring.? Ideas?

Can anyone help me to figure out how to remove these spots are on a 2006 Sunscape LSV?

Thanks!

THE CAUSE – MICROORGANISMS

The two principal causes of offensive odors and unsightly stains

and growths are bacteria and fungi, commonly called microorganisms.

Bacteria are simple, single-celled organisms. Fungi,

referred to as mold and mildew, are significantly more complex.

A subset of fungal organisms is a type that produces colored

byproducts as part of its digestive process. These byproducts

are recognized as stains and are typically pink, yellow, purple or

black. All microorganisms require a source of energy; carbon for

cell structure, nitrogen for amino acid synthesis, essential minerals

and water. Organisms causing problems in the marine,

industrial, health care, hospitality, and home environments are

frequently very self-sufficient in synthesizing required biochemicals

from the most basic molecules. Microorganisms are

ubiquitous, they are everywhere, and thus, microbial contamination

is the rule. The total absence of microbes, sterility, is

the exception.

For more information go to:

http://www.chemicalfabricsandfilm.com/pdfs_researchSection/techSupport/moldmarine.pdf

WOW! This response is worth my first post on this forum. Reading this respopnse caused me to have flashbacks from micro-biology lab!!

Good stuff! And very likely to be the culprit.

Thanks!

THE CAUSE â MICROORGANISMS

The two principal causes of offensive odors and unsightly stains

and growths are bacteria and fungi, commonly called microorganisms.

Bacteria are simple, single-celled organisms. Fungi,

referred to as mold and mildew, are significantly more complex.

A subset of fungal organisms is a type that produces colored

byproducts as part of its digestive process. These byproducts

are recognized as stains and are typically pink, yellow, purple or

black. All microorganisms require a source of energy; carbon for

cell structure, nitrogen for amino acid synthesis, essential minerals

and water. Organisms causing problems in the marine,

industrial, health care, hospitality, and home environments are

frequently very self-sufficient in synthesizing required biochemicals

from the most basic molecules. Microorganisms are

ubiquitous, they are everywhere, and thus, microbial contamination

is the rule. The total absence of microbes, sterility, is

the exception.

For more information go to:

http://www.chemicalfabricsandfilm.com/pdfs_researchSection/techSupport/moldmarine.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
My Seats on a 07 V-ride started getting blue blotches all over...front..rear and even the driver seats. What was weird was nobody was wearing blue....Any idea what cause this? we looked at everything and couldn’t find anything on the boat blue..so i thought maybe it was the leather discoloring.? Ideas?

I noticed plastic bags from wal-mart etc. with red or blue print leave stains when wet. I have also suspected that something in the sinscreens that we use helps to release the inks on the bags.

Those stains are there forever, nothing takes those pink spots out. Its a fungus that grows in the foam under the vinyl. You could try and have a good vinyl guy try and fix it and see what happens.

Sorry

Chris

Those stains are there forever, nothing takes those pink spots out. Its a fungus that grows in the foam under the vinyl. You could try and have a good vinyl guy try and fix it and see what happens.

Sorry

Chris

I thought of another thing that can cause it. I worked for a carpet cleaning company for a summer and pink spots would show up after we steam cleaned some people's carpet. 99% of the time it was caused by kids who use acne treatment. The acid (I forget which one) can transfer to fabric if you have some on your hands. Heat and water will then cause it to turn pink. Unfortunately, only way to get rid of it... Re-dye the fabric.

I had these same spots on my last boat. I went round and round with Supra about it and they ended up replacing the whole interior. In the end they and the dealer said that this happes sometimes with boat interiors and they have not been able to figure out if it is a fungus or a reaction with suntan lotions or something else.

Needless to say those babys are not coming out. I tried and the dealer tried everything in the arsenal. I would go back and raise hell with the dealer. This is absolutely not something that bled through to your boat. White vinyl is subject to it in boats for some reason.

Sorry, hope the dealer can make it ok.