Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Monsoon fuel filter swap

from what i understand, there is only one fuel filter and it's "6 to 12 inches from the fuel pickup above the fuel tank." they recommend going to the dealer, but i like to think i can replace it myself.

has anyone else done this themselves?

info would be great. thanks.

You have to take the back of your trunk off to get to the filter. The (my) screws were buried in the carpeting and I needed a stud finder to hunt them out. There were 14 of them and most of them had the phillips head slot stripped out. I relocated the filter to under the floor by the mufflers after going through that hack design once.

thanks.

i initially read the location as somewhere underneath the fuel cell so in my quest to take out as much interior as possible i found it. i was so happy someone made it so easy.

from what i understand, there is only one fuel filter and it's "6 to 12 inches from the fuel pickup above the fuel tank." they recommend going to the dealer, but i like to think i can replace it myself.

has anyone else done this themselves?

info would be great. thanks.

There are actually two filters on the 2001 Monsoon, the one buried in the trunk and one that mounts on the aft, port side of the engine. You can find threads here that detail the Wix (and other manufacturer's) equivalents to the ones the dealer will sell you...