Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 RX

Molarbu

Why did you choose the RX over the Wakesetter 247? That will fit the same amount of people with more room to move around. Just wondering what made you choose the direct drive over the vdrive.

And you go through 47 gallons of gas in a day with that thing? Ouch!

• 1 month later...

I just purchased Wakesetter 247RX. I initially started looking at the Ride Series. Took a test ride on the XTI and I was sold on an inboard (my 1st time). I have a 2006 19' Regal (still for sale!) and the difference is amazing. Bought the Regal last year and wakeboarded twice at the end of the summer. Started early this year and got the bug. Well, then along with my wife we rode the V-Ride and I boarded behing it. The XTI handled so much better, but of course the VRIDE wake was awesome all around. We get back to the dealer and my wife sees the 247RX (just like the one in the '07 pamphlet) and asks what's that one? So after she decided we wanted a boat our crew of people wouldn't grow out of here we are(also test drove TIGE 24VE, looked at CC but hated the seating)......Put 3 hrs on it on Sunday and have a few minor problems, but my storage is at the dealership so easy fix. We had 10 people on the boat and it handled great (no one even in the bow). I still need to have some time to mess with the wedge and ballast. Pretty windy and rough so boarding was terrible, especially when I was just trying to get comfortable with the boat.

Anyone got any tips for the new owner other than don't run over your rope!!!!!! I killed the engine the moment I realized my new rope sinks like lead. After some diving under the boat realized it wasn't rapped but 3 or 4 times around blades of prop. Now a set of goggles will be standard equipment in the boat, and I'll take the ski deck off if there is a next time. Took about 20 minutes but we got her off, pretty scary as rough and windy as it was...Well, I'm pleased so far but let see how it goes.

Anyone got any tips for the new owner other than don't run over your rope!!!!!!

If its windy, stop on the down wind side of the rope so the boat drags the rope instead of blowing over it. Pick up rider and repeat Thumbup.gif

I just purchased Wakesetter 247RX. I initially started looking at the Ride Series. Took a test ride on the XTI and I was sold on an inboard (my 1st time). I have a 2006 19' Regal (still for sale!) and the difference is amazing. Bought the Regal last year and wakeboarded twice at the end of the summer. Started early this year and got the bug. Well, then along with my wife we rode the V-Ride and I boarded behing it. The XTI handled so much better, but of course the VRIDE wake was awesome all around. We get back to the dealer and my wife sees the 247RX (just like the one in the '07 pamphlet) and asks what's that one? So after she decided we wanted a boat our crew of people wouldn't grow out of here we are(also test drove TIGE 24VE, looked at CC but hated the seating)......Put 3 hrs on it on Sunday and have a few minor problems, but my storage is at the dealership so easy fix. We had 10 people on the boat and it handled great (no one even in the bow). I still need to have some time to mess with the wedge and ballast. Pretty windy and rough so boarding was terrible, especially when I was just trying to get comfortable with the boat.

Anyone got any tips for the new owner other than don't run over your rope!!!!!! I killed the engine the moment I realized my new rope sinks like lead. After some diving under the boat realized it wasn't rapped but 3 or 4 times around blades of prop. Now a set of goggles will be standard equipment in the boat, and I'll take the ski deck off if there is a next time. Took about 20 minutes but we got her off, pretty scary as rough and windy as it was...Well, I'm pleased so far but let see how it goes.

I don't have any advice for the rope, but I offer you a WELCOME to the site. Let us know how you love the new boat and be sure to post some pics. I can just see your wife's face as she says "What's that one?", that's hilarious!!

On the rope, I was just so used to after someone went down could wip it around pretty damn tight with the Regal since I pulled from the ski hook, plus I used about a

45' rope to get some wake. Also my old rope floated pretty well, this was the 1st time I had used this one and it sinks completely, so lesson learned. Completely different game having a tower plus a 7' longer boat!