Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Slalom World Record at Malibu Open

JohnDoe

The ride is a 2006-2007(by the graphics) Response classic closed bow. I don't know if it is the same with skiing, but with barefoot boats, a boat that has been approuved is good for 3 years if no modification is done to the hull or anything that would affect the wake or performance (for example, engine placement). This means that if the Response was approuved in 2004, the 2005 and 2006 models are also approuved. So in theorie, the boat is a 2006. Also, once a boat is approuved, it is approuved for life, meaing that if the 1985 American Skier that was AWSA approuved in 1985, we couls pull a tournament with it tomorrow and the record would hold.

Here is a history list: Link

The Response was approuved with the 5.7L and 6.2L, did not mention 310 carb, monsoon, LS1 or HH.

If I am mistaking, someone please correct me.

I' m not sure about the boat, but you keep spelling approved wrong :)

Train Tige and break record in a Malibu...... Seems Malibu got the better end of this deal.. lol

TEAMTIGE SKIER JAMIE BEAUCHESNE SETS NEW WORLD SLALOM RECORD

Abilene, Texas – July 12, 2007 – In an outstanding and historic slalom performance, TeamTigé skier Jamie Beauchesne broke the world slalom record Saturday June, 7 in Lacaneau, France. Beauchesne astonished the crowd as he completed 2 buoys at 43 feet off, beating the previous world record by ½ buoy.

If approved by the International Water Ski Federation’s Technical Committee, Beauchesne’s stellar performance will eclipse the current record of 1-1/2 buoys at 43 feet off set by Chris Parrish in 2005.

Competing in the Malibu Open, Beauchesne went on to win the event Sunday, scoring 2 buoys at 41 feet off. In another outstanding performance, Tigé teammate Chris Rossi came in second at the event, scoring 1 ½ buoys at 41 feet off.

The two Tigé skiers have been performing at the top of their game this year. In May Beauchesne won the Masters Waterski Tournament and Rossi placed an impressive third in the event. At the Waterski Magazine Pro Slalom Shootout in June, Beauchesne again took first and Rossi second.

Longtime members of TeamTigé, Beauchesne and Rossi both train behind the Tigé 20i. “This is a great year for TeamTigé skiers. We have been training hard and it’s paying off,” Rossi said.

The ride is a 2006-2007(by the graphics) Response classic closed bow. I don't know if it is the same with skiing, but with barefoot boats, a boat that has been approuved is good for 3 years if no modification is done to the hull or anything that would affect the wake or performance (for example, engine placement). This means that if the Response was approuved in 2004, the 2005 and 2006 models are also approuved. So in theorie, the boat is a 2006. Also, once a boat is approuved, it is approuved for life, meaing that if the 1985 American Skier that was AWSA approuved in 1985, we couls pull a tournament with it tomorrow and the record would hold.

The Response was approuved with the 5.7L and 6.2L, did not mention 310 carb, monsoon, LS1 or HH.

Sorry, I try my best, English is not my primary language.

Train Tige and break record in a Malibu...... Seems Malibu got the better end of this deal.. lol

TEAMTIGE SKIER JAMIE BEAUCHESNE SETS NEW WORLD SLALOM RECORD

Abilene, Texas – July 12, 2007 – In an outstanding and historic slalom performance, TeamTigé skier Jamie Beauchesne broke the world slalom record Saturday June, 7 in Lacaneau, France. Beauchesne astonished the crowd as he completed 2 buoys at 43 feet off, beating the previous world record by ½ buoy.

If approved by the International Water Ski Federation’s Technical Committee, Beauchesne’s stellar performance will eclipse the current record of 1-1/2 buoys at 43 feet off set by Chris Parrish in 2005.

Competing in the Malibu Open, Beauchesne went on to win the event Sunday, scoring 2 buoys at 41 feet off. In another outstanding performance, Tigé teammate Chris Rossi came in second at the event, scoring 1 ½ buoys at 41 feet off.

The two Tigé skiers have been performing at the top of their game this year. In May Beauchesne won the Masters Waterski Tournament and Rossi placed an impressive third in the event. At the Waterski Magazine Pro Slalom Shootout in June, Beauchesne again took first and Rossi second.

Longtime members of TeamTigé, Beauchesne and Rossi both train behind the Tigé 20i. “This is a great year for TeamTigé skiers. We have been training hard and it’s paying off,” Rossi said.

This is great! hehehe....reminds me of Keith St. Onge back in the early 90's. Train behind a Brendella Outboard, then skiing behind the boats in barefoot tournaments is a breeze.....I see a parallel here. ;)

Another good reason for Malibu to KEEP the Response and RLX in the brochure. Don't let it die like the Sportster and Flightcraft before it.

:lol: on every board there have been comments like "its not an AWSA approved boat, it wont stand" :lol:

fact of the matter is AWSA doesnt mean squat. why would it in a FRENCH event? IWSF is bigger than AWSA and it has nothing to do with approval of world records

it depends on the countries rules before IWSF. look at the U21 worlds last year in germany, the boats were wood! and it was an R world championships event. even outboards are still allowed according to IWSF rules.

here in aus malibu doesnt want us using the LXi. all of our malibu promo boats are LX's and we have no problems using them for all of our R events.

"approuved" would be the Canadian spelling. Kind of like colour.

I know, I was just pulling his leg, or should I say 1 foot :)

Thanks Clay! Addictedto6...Tongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gifTongue.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

while some word in the british english have "our" endings (colour, humour, neighbor...) instead of "or", approved is not one of those words. we spell approved, approved.

how far are the buoys from the center of the boat on the coarse?

while some word in the british english have "our" endings (colour, humour, neighbor...) instead of "or", approved is not one of those words. we spell approved, approved.

Coarse or course?

Coarse or course?

course lol

we add a U to many words for whatever reason. you will never get penalized in school for spelling the US way though...

• 2 weeks later...
Jamie has always rocked, from his days growing up in NH to where he is today.

Here's a photo of him skiing on Back Bay in Wolfeboro, NH, at the time I believe he was 16 yrs old.

Peter :)

nice photo, wow, not much has changed, looks the same!!!