Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New RLXi

trailerparked

My Dad just bought a new 2007 R LXi. Apparently it was ordered but never picked up, so we got a sweet deal on it. 340 hp. Tower. It is so beautiful! I can't wait to hit the lake on wednesday after we pick it up.

Couple questions: it has a manual wedge... still decent for wakeboarding?

Can I surf behind this thing?

How sweet is it to own a Malibu? ...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight Yahoo.gif

My Dad just bought a new 2007 R LXi. Apparently it was ordered but never picked up, so we got a sweet deal on it. 340 hp. Tower. It is so beautiful! I can't wait to hit the lake on wednesday after we pick it up.

How sweet is it to own a Malibu? ...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight Yahoo.gif

congrats on the new boat. you will love it. it will still be good for wakeboarding. but i am not so sure about surfing, my VLX is not the best for surfing with the stock set up. also, WELCOME

We tried surfing with ours using the wedge and a couple of sacs. It wasn't the best. It seemd the wake never "crisped" up. We will now work on shifting weight and speeds. Dontknow.gif I think it will get better.

I was sweetly surprised how well the surf was with our new LXi 2007.

We've been skiing for 6 weeks, but the surf expectations were low. With the power wedge on biggest wake, 4 bodies at the rear corner of the boat, my wife tossed the rope in and surfed away right off! The wake size was very close to our friends 23VLX with ballasts and a large crew aboard. It is not as long of a wake, but very surfable and enjoyable.

The weight/variable ballast is right on the corner of the boat on a direct drive. Try it, you'll like it!

With this success, the LXi is the perfect boat!

thanks for your wake info. im anxious to get on the water with this bad boy and tear it up. i think i'm gonna videotape our first day with the boat so maybe i'll put it on youtube and post the link.

happy boating dudes!

Picked up my new Rlxi a couple of weeks ago and it is bloody amazing, exceeding my hopes after being a diehard closed bow response lover. Don't know about the wakeboard side but the trick wake is sensational. Has an awesome kick and lip. Got 3 back rolls straight up after 12 months off the ski. Raised the drivers seat 2 inches and find that much better. The only thing I miss from the closed bow is all that storage.

my rlx puts out a decent wake with a 700 in the back, 550s beside the engine and 200 in the bow w/o wedge. surfing is okay too with a 700 on the starboard side and wedge down. it's not huge, but ropeless is easy.

Picked up my new Rlxi a couple of weeks ago and it is bloody amazing, exceeding my hopes after being a diehard closed bow response lover. Don't know about the wakeboard side but the trick wake is sensational. Has an awesome kick and lip. Got 3 back rolls straight up after 12 months off the ski. Raised the drivers seat 2 inches and find that much better. The only thing I miss from the closed bow is all that storage.

Please: how did you raise the seat 2"? I raised the back of the drivers seat 1" which helped the angle (less "low-riding") but it is still too low and we end using the seat cushion up all the time. Interested in your solution!

Edited by SKI LVR

Please: how did you raise the seat 2"? I raised the back of the drivers seat 1" which helped the angle (less "low-riding") but it is still too low and we end using the seat cushion up all the time. Interested in your solution!

Plus1.gif

I raised my seat ~4" by:

1. Unbolting the seat from the base

2. Install four 4" galvanized pipe nipples from Lowes

3. Install four new galvanized carriage bolts (4-1/2" I think)

4. Tighten it all down with ny-lok nuts

5. Woohoo! $10 deal

Raising the seat - I purchased some 1/2" thick white plastic/teflon chopping boards and cut one to size to fit under carpeted base plate. Then using extended Stainless bolts and more teflon spaces raised another half inch between carpeted base and slide base. Then raised another 1" between slide and underneath of seat with more teflon spaces. I didn't want to raise it all in one section due to the extra leverage and stress it may have caused. Cost about $15 for bolts and spacers. Would have been cheaper if I had used my wifes chopping boards.

Picture260.jpg

Edited by Ozresponse

Ozresponse: that boat looks awesome. where do you ride? what options are on it and how is the wake for boarding?

sorry for the thread hijack.

Ozresponse: that boat looks awesome. where do you ride? what options are on it and how is the wake for boarding?

sorry for the thread hijack.

Gladstone, Queensland Australia. Don't know about the wakeboarding yet. I haven't even lowered the wedge. I'm a 3 event skier. Got the tower/wedge to keep the friends entertained, but as I get older it also helps with my trick flips! I believe edge control/line load is much more important than wake size. I find the standard wake excellent for curl/lip.

Boat has LSR with closed water cooling. Its faster than my old closed bow response with monsoon. Must be due to the extra lift created by the new hull.