Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Condesation in gauges

I have condensation in some of my gauges on the lens. Any suggestions? My first thought is to take a hair dryer to them and see if I can "cook" it out.

Edited by Texbu

This was a known problem for a while. If I remember correctly, I think the fix was to drill a small hole in the back of the gauge to allow it to vent.

This was a known problem for a while. If I remember correctly, I think the fix was to drill a small hole in the back of the gauge to allow it to vent.

Forgive my new owner ignorance, but do I have to drop the gauge panel or can you get under there and remove each gauge individually?

I'm not sure if you can access from under the dash. There are several members on this site who have gone through this repair and hopefully someone will chime in.

You could try doing a search and you may find a previous thread on this same topic.

Forgive my new owner ignorance, but do I have to drop the gauge panel or can you get under there and remove each gauge individually?

I just had to take the gauge panel off last weekend to replace a PP gauge. It took a minute to remove 6 allen bolts. I'm not sure if this is the same for all models. There was no way of just reaching up from under the dash to get to them.

you can get to the back from underneath that model year, but it is a lot easier just to remove the little allen screws (unless they are corroded since they are NOT stainless steel - hint, if you got them off, replace with SS if you are anywhere near a salt water environment).

then take a 1/8" drill bit (i think that is what i used), and drill at what would be the 5 o'clock position.