Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Wakesetter VLX

Trentster

Allright- the cats finally out of the bag!

This is how it was explained to me- The VLX will look the same this year! It doesn't get it's make-over just yet- maybe next year. Same windshield, dash, gel schemes, etc. The only thing that is different is the new graphics, driver's seat, computer, and switches. The new graphics will basically be the core graphics that say "wakesetter" with a fancy "M" in the middle (sorry I don't have a picture). The Malibu emblems on the back are also bigger. Not sure if the tribal graphics will be available or not. My boat will also have the new seat, and new stereo. The arm-rest where the stereo has been is now gone, so if you are adding a stereo it is recommended that the glove box be used. The JVC head-unit is stamped "Malibu." The head-unit will be in the OB storage compartment and the face will be integrated in the dash where the switches have gone in the past. In fact it will match the switches on the other side. The face plate in the aisle is a remote for the observer. The Rockford speakers and amps will remain the same, but the packages for ordering have been simplified. The stereo will be satelite ready with a 1GB thumb drive and an IPOD control. There will be NO CD PLAYER unless you get the optional 6 disc changer. The hammerhead gets the ETX CATS. The new tower is not available on the VLX - only the new 23 and 247. There are two new "sparkly" gel coat colors. One is from the anniversary boat last year, and the other I believe is a darker gray or black. No diesel engine yet! Rockon.gif

Yeah- That's what I had heard too, but I hadn't heard anything official. Wakegirl- I chickened out and got the power wedge again. I really wanted the free-floater, but it just didn't get the hype I had hoped it would this year to help with resale. I have been running my VLX heavily weighted with the power wedge either all the way down or not at all.

pictures of how the face plate will be integrated into the dash???? i loved how it was in the arm rest... so much easier!

Yeah- That's what I had heard too, but I hadn't heard anything official. Wakegirl- I chickened out and got the power wedge again. I really wanted the free-floater, but it just didn't get the hype I had hoped it would this year to help with resale. I have been running my VLX heavily weighted with the power wedge either all the way down or not at all.

I think that the power wedge probably gives a wider range of adjust ability, but I was skittish about the reliability factor.

pictures of how the face plate will be integrated into the dash???? i loved how it was in the arm rest... so much easier!

See this post.

'09 is when the VLX is supposed to get its makeover if what I'm hearing is true.

So that's when it'll be up 4-sale then... Tease.gif

No, if we were going to do that then it would be sometime before that. :) But no plans for that. Besides, Mrs. Malibudude almost choked when slider told her what the price would be.