Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help replacing bimini

'03sunsetterlxi

New to this site, I'm sure this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I still need some help. We have an 03' SunsetterLXI and added an 04' Skylon Classic Swoop tower. Our exsisting top doesn't work anymore, and the one that Skylon recommends only provides minimal shade coverage. Have some little ones that require lots of shade, any suggestions?? Thanks.

Have you tried having the one you've got modified to fit? Unless you weren't happy with that one before you got the tower.

I had to make mine 20" more narrow to fit under my Monster Tower. I cut out 20" from the bows, joined them back together with rivets, and then had a tailor cut a 20" strip out of the bimini and sew it back together. Looks pretty good, I think. For $20-$30, I have a bimini that fits again.

As Jeff suggested, check with a local canvas shop that regularly works on boats, they can most likely narrow the top to fit under your tower for not much cost.

If that will reduce the amount of shade the top offers too much, check out Wakeside's Custom Bimini Solution. It's made by TowerBiminis and is the best possible top in terms of quality, design, coverage and ease of use. It's also quite expensive though.

• 2 weeks later...
New to this site, I'm sure this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I still need some help. We have an 03' SunsetterLXI and added an 04' Skylon Classic Swoop tower. Our exsisting top doesn't work anymore, and the one that Skylon recommends only provides minimal shade coverage. Have some little ones that require lots of shade, any suggestions?? Thanks.

Not sure on the new bimini but what size is the old one? what color? Do you want to sell?

SFD