Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new boat-scratches in passanger seat already....

ron

my buddy wears wake skate(?) shoes and leaves them on in boat after skating. seems they put somewhat permanent scratches on passanger seat only as other gear(boards) get no where near. maybe it is the laces on shoes? not sure. i use the standard vinyl cleaner(meguier) and they are 50% better but very noticable still. wife says use a paper towel dry? i heard wd40? but hesitate to use WD till all else fails. seats are white. help

Rule #1: NO SHOES IN THE BOAT! I don't care what kind they are.

I've had good luck with the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Read about them first on here. They've taken out most of the scuff marks on my interior, although if the vinyl itself is damaged rather than just having a mark on it the only thing you can do is try to lighten it as much as possible so it won't be as noticeable. Good Luck.

I've had good luck with the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Read about them first on here. They've taken out most of the scuff marks on my interior, although if the vinyl itself is damaged rather than just having a mark on it the only thing you can do is try to lighten it as much as possible so it won't be as noticeable. Good Luck.

Plus1.gif Also new rule, no neck beads on the seats either. We were out on a local Island this weekend and picked up some beads while we were there that ended up staining the seats, still don't know what to use to get the color out.

a lot of stains will go away with time, the sun must have something to do with it

On the scuffs, we use (Sparingly) 3M adhesive remover

Plus1.gif Also new rule, no neck beads on the seats either. We were out on a local Island this weekend and picked up some beads while we were there that ended up staining the seats, still don't know what to use to get the color out.

Care to share how you acquired those beads......? Drool.gif

No shoes in the boat and ESPECIALLY not on the seats! You don't stand on the seats of a Porsche convertible do you?

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and elbow grease goes a long way to removing scuffs. Most stains disappear in the sun after a day or so.

watch out for bikini tops too (new rule, no tops allowed in our boat!!). One of our passenger's bikini clasp actually several really small holes in the flip up portion of the passenger seat.

Also new rule, no neck beads on the seats either. We were out on a local Island this weekend and picked up some beads while we were there that ended up staining the seats, still don't know what to use to get the color out.

I think in my boat properly earned neck beads are entirely allowed and appropriate.

The beads are standard attire when visiting lost isle,but I'd like to know the details of how the got on the seat Rockon.gif

watch out for bikini tops too (new rule, no tops allowed in our boat!!).

Good looking out - will adopt this rule as well, better safe than sorry ;)