Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service bullet on J hose

I just received a service bullet on our new 23XTI. Just thought I would let people know so if you have the same problem. We were getting a lot of water in the bottom of the boat after we got it home. After a couple of looks couldn't see anything. I just got a service bullet from my dealer stating the J hose off of the raw water pump is having problems. Just thought if you saw the same problem I would let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
I just received a service bullet on our new 23XTI. Just thought I would let people know so if you have the same problem. We were getting a lot of water in the bottom of the boat after we got it home. After a couple of looks couldn't see anything. I just got a service bullet from my dealer stating the J hose off of the raw water pump is having problems. Just thought if you saw the same problem I would let you know.

Is that specific to the xti model? After I cruise for any length of time the bilge pump kicks on for several seconds. It only seems to be while it's running. I looked as well, but didn't investigate fully. It's not the packing, it only leaks a drop every 7 seconds. I'm wondering if this is the problem.

Oh no, now everyone is going to think they've got a faulty hose! Fingerwag.gif

Just to clarify, the number of engines that was effected by this service bulletin is actually quite small, and most people with effected boats will have been notified at this point in time. I've only heard of one or two hoses actually leaking, so chances are you're not going to see any symptoms at this point.

Still, if you have concerns you can always contact your dealer to see if your hose needs to be replaced.

My dealer had 2 boats and we took delivery around the start of May. I am sure Malibu turns their inventory so if you took delivery near that time I would contact your dealer.