Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Launch ramp story

WakeGirl

Yeah I know. You kind of had to be there, minimal room on the docks & I was by myself in the boat, so I could have tied up & potentially blocked things up more than they already were. Plus, I'm really not good with a trailer at all - I seriously doubt I would have been any help to them on that count. Joe's the Backer-Upper in the family. But maybe they do think that, I'd had that thought.

To be perfectly honest (& this may sound pretty crappy, but here it is), I didn't want my boat anywhere near that ramp. The MC was up top with his tow rig, ready to launch so it was out of the line of fire. If I had gone to offer help, the only place to tie up would have been on the ramp side of the dock almost directly below the debacle. Not a good situation to put the boat in.

Good point and well taken, I was just giving you a bad time about it. I had a pretty close incident happen to me once, and it was the same, too many people around trying to help. Not much I could do but watch and wait.

At one point I was thinking that it was even money that the entire kit & kaboodle was going to end up in the drink. Sometimes (& this is something that I've had to learn over the years) it's just better to stay out of the way when you can't do much to make a positive impact on the situation at hand.

At one point I was thinking that it was even money that the entire kit & kaboodle was going to end up in the drink. Sometimes (& this is something that I've had to learn over the years) it's just better to stay out of the way when you can't do much to make a positive impact on the situation at hand.

That's what I had to deal with, I wasn't going anywhere until it was clear.

I've gotten much friendlier with people since becoming an MC owner myself. Back in my Malibu days I would have been screaming at the poor old guy, now I would pitch in and help. Amazing what an MC does for you. Thumbup.gif

I've gotten much friendlier with people since becoming an MC owner myself. Back in my Malibu days I would have been screaming at the poor old guy, now I would pitch in and help. Amazing what an MC does for you. Thumbup.gif

ROFL.gif touche'

i want one, where do you buy them at
Cry.gif Grammar Police!! Help!! Cry.gif

I was just discussing this exact mis-use of the language at work the other day. There is no need for the word "at" in this sentence. A guy at work took a phone call and responds to the caller "Where you at?" I was appalled. :(

HI-JACK.... I know I use the "AT" expression quite abit when I speak and Crazylady corrects me all the time, but I never use it when I type Tease.gif

NorCaliBu... Those guys you work???... Do they know proper grammer???

Yeah I know. You kind of had to be there, minimal room on the docks & I was by myself in the boat, so I could have tied up but it would have blocked things up more than they already were. Plus, I'm really not good with a trailer at all - I seriously doubt I would have been any help to them on that count. Joe's the Backer-Upper in the family. But maybe they do think that, I'd had that thought.

To be perfectly honest (& this may sound pretty crappy, but here it is), I didn't want my boat anywhere near that ramp. The MC was up top with his tow rig, ready to launch so it was out of the line of fire. If I had gone to offer help, the only place to tie up would have been on the ramp side of the dock almost directly below the debacle. Not a good situation to put the boat in.

You Should Have busted-out the video cam, because surely something bad/funny was about to happen.

HI-JACK.... I know I use the "AT" expression quite abit when I speak and Crazylady corrects me all the time, but I never use it when I type Tease.gif

NorCaliBu... Those guys at your work???... Do they know proper grammer???

No, they're none too precise with their grammar...nor the spelling. Whistling.gif

:lol:

Friendlier once you own a DisasterRaft... :unsure: Hmmm :unsure: ...could that be because you know that you will eventually need a tow in and you know that Karma is real. Tease2.gif