Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Settings

larrys

When the new power wedge came out a few years back we have been struggling with a common way to designate the your preference when moving from boat to boat. Speed, rope length even ballast preferences are easy. How does everyone designate their preference in power wedge settings?

Since the '07 gauge has 9 settings, not including full up, we start from the fully deployed position and call it 1 and go up to 9. This was working good until a friend starting calling his fully deployed position 0 and going up to 8. His rational was that speedos start at 0.

What does everyone else do???

Dontknow.gif

I didn't think the power wedge worked that great on my 2007 VLX. After two clicks the wake was already washing out at 80 feet back. I like the free floating wedge better. I usually weighted my VLX and just didn't use the wedge. I'm currently using a Wakesetter VTX, and the power wedge makes all the difference in the world! I have also had good results on the 23 footers with the power wedge. I didn't learn anything though- my 2008 VLX will have the power wedge instead of the free floater too. It's all about the resale, and everyone wants the power wedge on the VLX! I guess we better invent some language to describe what we are doing!

Edited by Trentster

I do the same as dragon88, I usually have it 2 up nefore I go in, and if it needs adjusting, I'll tell the driver to eaither go up or down.