Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ever lose so much ballast you can't plane?

I have about 50 Hours on my 07 LSV, and for the first time yesterday, I could not plane. I run the 1235 prop with HH, and the issue was occuring when I had the power wedge down in any position. I quickly diagnosed the problem, as there not being enough weight in the front of the boat. The problem? My front and center ballast tanks had lost a lot of water. The center tank lost a little, but the front tank was almost empty! How could this happen? I am positive that I did not drain any of the tanks with the pumps, and as soon as I filled them back up things were fine. The water was very calm last night, only boat out there, and there was only 3 of us in the boat. Any ideas? This has never happended before...

My 05 had the same problem. There was a broken fitting from the factory in the front ballast. Which caused it to leak into the bildge.

Edited by lake texoma

I am going to test that today, but I didn't notice any excessive water in the bilge. I will check it out today. My first thought was maybe it was leaking into the bilge.

I had a leak in one of my front fittings as well. It leaked into the bilge and on the carpet in the walkthrough. The bilge pump would just kick it out, so it never really seemed like there was a lot of water in there. The tank would be nearly empty when we got done. Once it the fitting was tightened/fixed, never had a problem again.

I had a leak in one of my front fittings as well. It leaked into the bilge and on the carpet in the walkthrough. The bilge pump would just kick it out, so it never really seemed like there was a lot of water in there. The tank would be nearly empty when we got done. Once it the fitting was tightened/fixed, never had a problem again.

What fitting was leaking? I run a 400lb FLY HIGH sac in my walk through plus the stock front tank and when I was out last time I noticed my carpet was wet under the sac, but when I checked the sac it wasn't leaking. I Didn't notice if the front tank was draining? Dontknow.gif

mine will loose water over a long period of time. i think that it looses water out of the overflow hoses when the boat bounces around.

What fitting was leaking? I run a 400lb FLY HIGH sac in my walk through plus the stock front tank and when I was out last time I noticed my carpet was wet under the sac, but when I checked the sac it wasn't leaking. I Didn't notice if the front tank was draining? Dontknow.gif

Jessem,

Got any pics of your wake?

mine will loose water over a long period of time. i think that it looses water out of the overflow hoses when the boat bounces around.

That's how mine looses water too. It's normal, you can shut the 1/4 turn valves at the pumps if you want to and are sure it's not the overflow.

Not real sure....my dealer found and fixed the problem since it's still under warranty. Sorry I couldn't be more help.