Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Howdy!

Just wanted to say "Hello" and introduce myself!

After a long time away from boating my wife and I have just purchased a 2005 LSV. We did quite a bit of skiing behind an '88 Skier, and then the boat went away after marriage. Our 2 boys are now 13 and 8 and we finally have come back! Wakeboarding is completely new to us, so I may be asking many questions around that. I'm an old surfer, so I am looking forward to adding ballast (more questions) and riding an endless wave! My bother-in-law bent my prop on the first outing, so I'm feeling right back at home with my "hole in the water in which to throw money!"

Looking forward to getting to know you folks. Been lurking a little and it looks like you are a great group!

Edited by ChrisH

After a long time away from boating my wife and I have just purchased a 2005 LSV. We did quite a bit of skiing behind an '88 Skier, and then the boat went away after marriage. Our 2 boys are now 13 and 8 and we finally have come back! Wakeboarding is completely new to us, so I may be asking many questions around that. I'm old surfer, so I am looking forward to adding ballast (more questions) and riding an endless wave! My bother-in-law bent my prop on the first outing, so I'm feeling right back at home with my "hole in the water in which to throw money!"

Looking forward to getting to know you folks. Been lurking a little and it looks like you are a great group!

Nor Cal WOW

What Patrick (JetSkiPro550) meant to say was " Welcome.gif " and check out the Nor Cal WoW thread. :)

I saw that thread! Looks like a great time. Did some skiing on Oroville when I was going to school in Chico...I least I think I did. Don't remember much of Chico for some reason! Crazy.gif

We'll try to get up there that weekend, but I'm not sure. We will have some relatives from Germany in town during that time period, so things are a little up in the air.

Edited by ChrisH
Welcome.gif

Your just up the road from us. Where do you plan on launching and riding?

We're open! We like New Melones, McClure, Don Pedro. Will go anywhere there is water! Not terribly keen on the delta, at least on weekends and haven't been there for a long, long time. I'll have to re-familiarize myself with that whole area, because I know it has really changed. But won't rule out anything. I'd like to spend some time on Berryessa. I've never made it there for some reason.

Edited by ChrisH

Welcome Chris....We use the delta quite often since it is so close but do avoid it during the weekend summer months due to the large amounts of traffic. We just got back today from 4 days at Berryessa and had a great time. You will enjoy the surfing when you get the right set up; It's all I do now and it seems like I can't get enough.

Enjoy the new purchase.

After a long time away from boating my wife and I have just purchased a 2005 LSV. We did quite a bit of skiing behind an '88 Skier, and then the boat went away after marriage. Our 2 boys are now 13 and 8 and we finally have come back! Wakeboarding is completely new to us, so I may be asking many questions around that. I'm an old surfer, so I am looking forward to adding ballast (more questions) and riding an endless wave! My bother-in-law bent my prop on the first outing, so I'm feeling right back at home with my "hole in the water in which to throw money!"

Welcome.gif Welcome aboard Surfing.gif ....I have only been a member for a few months...but it is a place having a wealth of information and a lot of nice people willing to share there stories, tips, misfortunes...all the good and the bad. Good luck with the new water money pit!!!! ROFL.gif

What Patrick (JetSkiPro550) meant to say was " Welcome.gif " and check out the Nor Cal WoW thread. :)

I saw that thread! Looks like a great time. Did some skiing on Oroville when I was going to school in Chico...I least I think I did. Don't remember much of Chico for some reason! Crazy.gif

We'll try to get up there that weekend, but I'm not sure. We will have some relatives from Germany in town during that time period, so things are a little up in the air.

Chris,

Bring them up anyway!! My wifes from Germany so they will feel like they're home.

Did some skiing on Oroville when I was going to school in Chico...I least I think I did. Don't remember much of Chico for some reason! Crazy.gif

Ah, another Chico grad... When did you graduate? Also, welcome to the crew. Lots of good people here, with tons of info and support....boating and non boating related. Thumbup.gif

Welcome.gif

We're open! We like New Melones, McClure, Don Pedro. Will go anywhere there is water! Not terribly keen on the delta, at least on weekends and haven't been there for a long, long time.

Definitely don't rule out the Delta. You are so close, and there are a ton of good spots. When I was in high school, a friends dad use to take us to a spot on the Delta just past the Altimont...I think it was off of Byron Rd?, called Dels boat harbor. It was a good place to ride from what I remember, but I haven't been there in years. I mention it, because it would just be a jump, skip and hop from Livermore. I cruise the delta alot out of Paradise Point Marina off of 8 mile Rd (Stockton). There is good water real close to the Marina as Stewart and others can testify to. New Melones is also one of my favorite foothill lakes in the valley. Really nice water and never overly crowded...except probably on holiday weekends like every other place. Crazy.gif

Did some skiing on Oroville when I was going to school in Chico...I least I think I did. Don't remember much of Chico for some reason! Crazy.gif

Ah, another Chico grad... When did you graduate? Also, welcome to the crew. Lots of good people here, with tons of info and support....boating and non boating related. Thumbup.gif

I didn't say I GRADUATED from Chico. I had to go somwhere else to do that! Whistling.gif I think I got out of Chico one beer shy of killing my crucial brain cell! :lol: I had to go to Cal State Hayward to concentrate on school!

Chris,

Bring them up anyway!! My wifes from Germany so they will feel like they're home.

We might try. I know there are a ton of things they want to see. This will be this couple's first trip to the states. I think we have one day planned for boating and Oroville is kind of far for a day trip. We'll see what happens! You can count on us attending events though! Much of what brought us back to boating is the people!

Welcome.gif

We're open! We like New Melones, McClure, Don Pedro. Will go anywhere there is water! Not terribly keen on the delta, at least on weekends and haven't been there for a long, long time.

Definitely don't rule out the Delta. You are so close, and there are a ton of good spots. When I was in high school, a friends dad use to take us to a spot on the Delta just past the Altimont...I think it was off of Byron Rd?, called Dels boat harbor. It was a good place to ride from what I remember, but I haven't been there in years. I mention it, because it would just be a jump, skip and hop from Livermore. I cruise the delta alot out of Paradise Point Marina off of 8 mile Rd (Stockton). There is good water real close to the Marina as Stewart and others can testify to. New Melones is also one of my favorite foothill lakes in the valley. Really nice water and never overly crowded...except probably on holiday weekends like every other place. Crazy.gif

No, we won't rule it out. If we go it will probably be on weekdays. We quit going on weekends years ago, bucause even then it was dicey with so many boats/skiis ion the water. We know some of the best water in the state is in the Delta and like you said, it's very close to us. I just need to get re-familiarized with it. I need to buy a GPS unit for the boat!

Edited by ChrisH

Congrats on the new purchase! My only experience with the Delta was at Boardstock probably 8 years ago? With as many people that were there, I was in disbelief regarding the amount of glass to be found with all the different little channels. Not sure what part of the Delta that was, but I'm impressed to this day.

I didn't say I GRADUATED from Chico. I had to go somwhere else to do that! Whistling.gif I think I got out of Chico one beer shy of killing my crucial brain cell! :lol: I had to go to Cal State Hayward to concentrate on school!

Dude...you had to go to Hayward to concentrate??? Wow. How is that even possible? I thought at Chico they drank their own and at Hayward they burned their own. That is like going from the beer can to the fire. I went to Long Beach State so I shouldn't really throw stones. I now live in Ohio so we just scoop some water out of the river and drink it or smoke it for a good toxic waste buzz.

Welcome to the site. Just remember a few simple rules to avoid some trouble around here:

1. Don't insult the skiers.

2. Don't sell your stuff on e-bay after teasing people on this site with it.

3. Don't talk about how you play The Naked Chicken Fingers and The Loaded Diapers at full blast out of your 8 tower cans.

4. Don't advocate gun control or make fun of Ted Nugent.

5. Don't call Nancy Pelosi an American hero.

6. Don't invite illegal immigrants to your first WOW.

7. Don't post pictures of females in your party unless you aren't married or related to said females.

That should keep you out most of the fray. Welcome aboard!

Dude...you had to go to Hayward to concentrate??? Wow. How is that even possible? I thought at Chico they drank their own and at Hayward they burned their own. That is like going from the beer can to the fire. I went to Long Beach State so I shouldn't really throw stones. I now live in Ohio so we just scoop some water out of the river and drink it or smoke it for a good toxic waste buzz.

Welcome to the site. Just remember a few simple rules to avoid some trouble around here:

3. Don't talk about how you play The Naked Chicken Fingers and The Loaded Diapers at full blast out of your 8 tower cans.

7. Don't post pictures of females in your party unless you aren't married or related to said females.

:lol: Thanks for the sage advice! Looks like we're gonna get along just fine! Cheers.gif

Hi Chris and welcome to the site, I look forward to seeing you at the events or on the Delta some time.

As for the rules, don't worry.

1. Most skiers suck unless they wakeboard 50% of the time. (M-dude is getting closer to the dark side) Clap.gif

2. have to agree with or just put it up in the Free thread.

3 Dontknow.gif and only play naked chick dancing on each other songs.

4 Guns and Ted are both cool Thumbup.gif

5 Yep agree again 110%

6 I have one coming to the Nor Cal WOW Clap.gif

7 Are you talking about a pic like this? Dontknow.gif

IMG_1285.jpg

1. Most skiers suck unless they wakeboard 50% of the time.
Watch it Sparky. Fingerwag.gif Don't make me start throwing the challenges around. Biggrin.gif