Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No KD Skis? How about KD7000CG

chriscpm

In the latest ski magazine they list the average stats of the American skier. Of the ski brands the said everyone uses HO, Connelly and O'Brien. The totals added to 100%. I've used a KD7000CG for a while. My original from 2000 was replaced in the 2003-2004 range. I like my ski, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Someone else is using KDs, right.

Also, I always read that proshops have demo skis. I doubt they have 68" skis in XL boots though, so its sort of hit or miss.

In the latest ski magazine they list the average stats of the American skier. Of the ski brands the said everyone uses HO, Connelly and O'Brien. The totals added to 100%. I've used a KD7000CG for a while. My original from 2000 was replaced in the 2003-2004 range. I like my ski, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Someone else is using KDs, right.

Also, I always read that proshops have demo skis. I doubt they have 68" skis in XL boots though, so its sort of hit or miss.

Any decent pro shop should have 68" models and be able to fit whatever size bindings to them you need.

I read the same article and thought it was odd also. But after rereading it several times, I believe it was asking what ski did you start on as a beginner.

It just didn't say it so easily.

Any decent pro shop should have 68" models and be able to fit whatever size bindings to them you need.

I made a few calls, and my local ski shop does seem to be of the decent variety. They have both a 68 and a 69.5 in a Monza.

I ski on a 68 now, but my weight (215 or more) calls for a 69. I feel comfortable on a 68. Anyone have any experience in big skis? I'll probably try each.

I was about 220 when I tried a 68" System 8. It was too soft for me. I didn't like it. I stepped up to a 70 inch Monza and it rips, even with a little more weight than I had when I first picked it up.

I read the same article and thought it was odd also. But after rereading it several times, I believe it was asking what ski did you start on as a beginner.

It just didn't say it so easily.

I looked it over again too. It said Connelly for the first ski, but the graph was labeled most widely used skis. I just figured KD would be in the mix. I'm definitely curious about the HO skis now. I'm looking forward to a demo.

I jut got off the lake. I forgot to pull up the wedge after my buddy was boarding. Doh! Something felt weird, but then I tumbled face first before the wake and then twisted. I haven't had a fall like that in a long time. I'm toast on my whole right side.

I was about 220 when I tried a 68" System 8. It was too soft for me. I didn't like it. I stepped up to a 70 inch Monza and it rips, even with a little more weight than I had when I first picked it up.

Thanks! I think I'll try a big ski. I noticed Chris Parish uses a pretty big ski too.