Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

soft spots in floor

Seems like there was a thread about this not too long ago. I can't find it right now using the search, maybe someone else can.

I had an older Centurion that initially got our family interested in towed water sports. While walking alongside the engine I noticed a softer spot, and then found another on the other side.

I proceeded to get my panties in a bunch about it, because I read all about the horrors of wood floors rotting in ski boats. I stripped out all the carpet and dug into the glass and plywood to root out the bad part. Come to find out after all that demolition that what I was feeling with my heel was a round hole cut in the floor to pump in the flotation foam. There were 2 perfectly round openings about 3" across that were spanned only by fiberglass. As the boat aged, the fiberglass stretched out and it felt like the end of my floor.

That was a hard lesson, and a big job for nothing.