Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I Love My Lake!

meb885

Anyone in SE MI that has watched the news has probably heard they found a murder victim wrapped in a blanket and sunk to the bottom of Cass Lake with Cinder Blocks!

For the last few days the back part of the lake by marshbank park has been SWARMED with Oakland County Sheriff Dept. Divers.....

Guess who found the body? some guy on a blue pontoon boat.....with an underwater camera....not the police!

In other news, its been a pretty uneventful boating season so far....some Slalom, some tubing, mostly the neighborhood kids bugging me to take them for rides.... i got a great deal worked out with 2 kids who are brothers, they are out in the lake playing almost every day...they scrub down my mooring cover (ducks and seagulls seem to like to use it as a restroom.....and make sure brats arent throwing sand all over my boat (2 ski boats on the lake have scratched gel coat because of little kids tossing lake bottom sand all over the boat.) in exchange for boat rides and tubing!

Lastly heres a couple pix of the sunset/lake turning to glass from a few days ago. Look how shiny the bow of my Boat was... i waxed it that day.... still need a couple pix of it on the water..... need to bring my REAL camera out to the lake one of these days.

cass2.jpg

cass1.jpg

Anyone in SE MI that has watched the news has probably heard they found a murder victim wrapped in a blanket and sunk to the bottom of Cass Lake with Cinder Blocks!

For the last few days the back part of the lake by marshbank park has been SWARMED with Oakland County Sheriff Dept. Divers.....

Guess who found the body? some guy on a blue pontoon boat.....with an underwater camera....not the police!

In other news, its been a pretty uneventful boating season so far....some Slalom, some tubing, mostly the neighborhood kids bugging me to take them for rides.... i got a great deal worked out with 2 kids who are brothers, they are out in the lake playing almost every day...they scrub down my mooring cover (ducks and seagulls seem to like to use it as a restroom.....and make sure brats arent throwing sand all over my boat (2 ski boats on the lake have scratched gel coat because of little kids tossing lake bottom sand all over the boat.) in exchange for boat rides and tubing!

Lastly heres a couple pix of the sunset/lake turning to glass from a few days ago. Look how shiny the bow of my Boat was... i waxed it that day.... still need a couple pix of it on the water..... need to bring my REAL camera out to the lake one of these days.

Come on out to DC, they drag bodies out of the Potomac all the time (One reason we don't ski there anymore).

Can you explain the sand tossing? Do you really have people that just come by and throw sand at your boat?

Can you explain the sand tossing? Do you really have people that just come by and throw sand at your boat?

Actually, Yes. my boat is moored in shallow water ~2.5-3 feet.... shallow enough that i have to cut the engine about 10-20 feet from my poles and walk the boat in.... kids walk out there to play in the lake, and like to throw sand....especially ONTO boats.... i caught one kid literally kneeling next to a friends boat, rubbing sand into the side of the hull.... a couple of my friends boats have PERMANENT damage to the finish of the gelcoat... so i have kid police to make sure mine stays sand free.

i really need to just get another friend with a dock on the other side of the lake where its deeper and u can actually pull a boat up to a dock...the docks on my side of the lake are in like 1 foot water.... cant run much besides a pontoon boat into them. my boat only drafts 18" and i still will drag my prop if i try to walk it all the way in.

Actually, Yes. my boat is moored in shallow water ~2.5-3 feet.... shallow enough that i have to cut the engine about 10-20 feet from my poles and walk the boat in.... kids walk out there to play in the lake, and like to throw sand....especially ONTO boats.... i caught one kid literally kneeling next to a friends boat, rubbing sand into the side of the hull.... a couple of my friends boats have PERMANENT damage to the finish of the gelcoat... so i have kid police to make sure mine stays sand free.

i really need to just get another friend with a dock on the other side of the lake where its deeper and u can actually pull a boat up to a dock...the docks on my side of the lake are in like 1 foot water.... cant run much besides a pontoon boat into them. my boat only drafts 18" and i still will drag my prop if i try to walk it all the way in.

We are heading to Michigan in another week, bringing the 'Bu with us....hope we don't find any dead bodies and have sand thrown at our "baby"! We are going to Long Lake in Traverse City, which is where my parents live.

We are heading to Michigan in another week, bringing the 'Bu with us....hope we don't find any dead bodies and have sand thrown at our "baby"! We are going to Long Lake in Traverse City, which is where my parents live.

hahaha!

Traverse City is such a nice area. im down in SE MI near detroit. Just watch out for little pint size people who don't know any better. it sucks to have to worry about kids getting sand on the side of my boat when im so careful never to get sand on the BOTTOM by beaching, running into the sand, etc.

oh well she's comin out of the water sometime soon and getting a nice above the waterline wax job... i hate my baby looking dirty! i like getting looks of astonishment when i tell people the age of my boat.... "REALLY??? THATS A 94??" right not it looks like a 94... DULL..... seems like no matter what i do tho i can't get my white gelcoat to shine like the 07's in the showroom. Mad.gif

We had a drowning here a few weeks ago, creepy stuff. A guy drowned in the "party cove", looking for some sunglasses on the bottom and came up under a tie-up of 7 boats. He never made it to the surface. I never heard how much he had to drink, but it certainly was a factor.

Some friends/owners of mine were tied up when it happened, although nobody really knew what was going on. Apparently, the DNR/Police/Fire Dept came flying into the cove at 20-30 mph, and boats started banging into each other. They were obviously not happy about it. Once they found out what was going on, the boats banging into each other seemed trivial. Granted, this was not a murder, but it can happen to anyone in the blink of an eye.

We had a drowning here a few weeks ago, creepy stuff. A guy drowned in the "party cove", looking for some sunglasses on the bottom and came up under a tie-up of 7 boats. He never made it to the surface. I never heard how much he had to drink, but it certainly was a factor.

Some friends/owners of mine were tied up when it happened, although nobody really knew what was going on. Apparently, the DNR/Police/Fire Dept came flying into the cove at 20-30 mph, and boats started banging into each other. They were obviously not happy about it. Once they found out what was going on, the boats banging into each other seemed trivial. Granted, this was not a murder, but it can happen to anyone in the blink of an eye.

Some friends of mine that have a houseboat on Mc Clure told me about an incident on Don Pedro a few weeks ago. Seems one their friends son (in his 20's) was tied up in a party cove on Don Pedro when the stereo started wearing down the batteries. They started the boat up and had it just idling. He was on the platform for quite awhile just sitting when suddenly his eyes rolled back in his head a he fell off the platform and started sinking. Fortunatley they were able to grab him and pull him up on the boat and he was airlifted to the Hospital. Last I heard is he will be OK, scray stuff.

Hijack off.

Edited by LS-One

cass2.jpg

cass1.jpg

Crazy.gif

Be thankful for having a lake! We have had so much rain lately that if we get anymore, the law is shuting down all of the parks and boat ramps until the lake level goes down....which it won't for a while. The corps is keeping the gates shut tight until we have been rain free for 3 days to let water levels down stream go down. Cry.gif

Two weeks ago a hit and run 21' Liberator overturned.

Two nights ago a boat burned tothe waterline.

Last weekend a collision on the othe side of the lake. No deths in any of the above.

The Fourth of july is coming. Crazy.gifCrazy.gifCrazy.gif

It's a Michigan thing. About 15-20 years, a neighbor was skiing early in the spring. About two cottages over (on Long Lake in Union Lake), he goes down and finds himself touching a body that apparently had been dumped in the fall. Yuck! He wouldn't ski in that corner for years.

We are heading to Michigan in another week, bringing the 'Bu with us....hope we don't find any dead bodies...We are going to Long Lake...
It's a Michigan thing...a neighbor was skiing early...(on Long Lake...), he goes down and finds himself touching a body that apparently had been dumped in the fall. Yuck!
Whistling.gif

TN-VLX, watch for sunken bodies. Innocent.gif

We are heading to Michigan in another week, bringing the 'Bu with us....hope we don't find any dead bodies...We are going to Long Lake...
It's a Michigan thing...a neighbor was skiing early...(on Long Lake...), he goes down and finds himself touching a body that apparently had been dumped in the fall. Yuck!
Whistling.gif

different long lakes... long lake in union lake is in SE MI near me.... Long Lake in Traverse City is further north

Whistling.gif

different long lakes... long lake in union lake is in SE MI near me.... Long Lake in Traverse City is further north

Have you ever boated on Lake Fenton or Silver Lake in Fenton? We used to live right across the street from Lake Fenton about 15 yrs ago.

Have you ever boated on Lake Fenton or Silver Lake in Fenton? We used to live right across the street from Lake Fenton about 15 yrs ago.

never been on either.... always lookin for a new fun all sports lake tho.

Last weekend a collision on the othe side of the lake. No deths in any of the above.

First death for the weekend last night. Jet ski sideswipes a pontoon ripped of jet ski drivers leg driver bleeds to death. This occurred after 11:00 PM. Michigan law is for jet ski's to be off the lake one hour befor sunset.

Driver of the pontoon is intoxicated but had nothing to do with accident other than being in wrong place. Lights on not changing course not at speed according to police. Crazy.gif

Well, those lights are so small that they look much farther away. Especially when you're zipping around on a jetski after dark. :Doh:

First death for the weekend last night. Jet ski sideswipes a pontoon ripped of jet ski drivers leg driver bleeds to death. This occurred after 11:00 PM. Michigan law is for jet ski's to be off the lake one hour befor sunset.

Driver of the pontoon is intoxicated but had nothing to do with accident other than being in wrong place. Lights on not changing course not at speed according to police. Crazy.gif

Stupid and senseless accident....I just hate to hear stories like that!

We had our first death a few weeks ago.

Runabout pulling his tube with his kid on it through the no wake zone (Illegal). They were being followed by a friend on a jet ski. The kid falls off the tube and gets hit by the jet ski.

Another senseless accident that didn't need to happen.

Edited by vlxjeff