Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T3 Towers

jjct1

I just bought a 95 Sunsetter that has a T3 Tower on it. Beleive it was installed around '99? Is T3 out of business (I saw a posting on Wakeworld about something like that)?

I am trying to see if the tower folds down for storage. I know it is not built like newer ones for easy folding but am trying to figure out if I can partially disassemble it for winter storage. It looks like it was made to come apart as it is in sections.

Edited by jjct1
I just bought a 95 Sunsetter that has a T3 Tower on it. Beleive it was installed around '99? Is T3 out of business (I saw a posting on Wakeworld about something like that)?

I am trying to see if the tower folds down for storage. I know it is not built like newer ones for easy folding but am trying to figure out if I can partially disassemble it for winter storage. It looks like it was made to come apart as it is in sections.

Yes, T3 is out of business.

I also have a T3. Unfortunately the tower doesn't "fold" down, but what I do to get it under the canopy where I store it is to unscrew the allen head screws on the rear legs. I then lay the tower forward onto the bow. I use a old throwing cushion to protect the gel coat on the bow behind the bow light.

I guess I should add that if you're trying to put your boat into a garage, it still might not clear. I have a low door on my garage and the few times I tried to put the boat in the garage, I needed to use a real low drop hitch to get the nose of the boat low enough to fit the back legs of the tower through the door.

I guess I should add that if you're trying to put your boat into a garage, it still might not clear. I have a low door on my garage and the few times I tried to put the boat in the garage, I needed to use a real low drop hitch to get the nose of the boat low enough to fit the back legs of the tower through the door.

That's no big deal, I have to use a floor jack to get the tongue low enough and then I have to push it in without the truck Cry.gif I think next summer we're putting it storage, it's nice to have it in the garage but it takes up so much space.