Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

10 hour or 20 hour Service?

I just brought my vRide down for the 10 hour service, or at least what I thought was a 10 hour service. I made the appt on the phone and the guy that set up the time never mentioned anything about there not being a 10 hour service. I don't know what I was thinking, I think I've seen people talk about 10 hour service on here before so I thought that's what it was. Well apparently they don't usually do the first service until 20 hours, but I left it there anyway and had them do it at 10 hours since there were a few other things I wanted them to take care of.

Is there any problem with having the first service done at 10 hours instead of 20? I figure the way I drove it, I did all the breaking in it was going to get in the first 10 hours anyways. Anybody think differently?

Jay

Edited by jtrovato
I just brought my vRide down for the 10 hour service, or at least what I thought was a 10 hour service. I made the appt on the phone and the guy that set up the time never mentioned anything about there not being a 10 hour service. I don't know what I was thinking, I think I've seen people talk about 10 hour service on here before so I thought that's what it was. Well apparently they don't usually do the first service until 20 hours, but I left it there anyway and had them do it at 10 hours since there were a few other things I wanted them to take care of.

Is there any problem with having the first service done at 10 hours instead of 20? I figure the way I drove it, I did all the breaking in it was going to get in the first 10 hours anyways. Anybody think differently?

Jay

i did mine at like 13 hours. as long as it is in between 10 and 20

:unsure: Was I supposed to take mine in for 10 hour service? I guess since I've now got 500 hours I'm a tad bit late..... Dontknow.gif

And I never used Penzoil 15w40 marine oil like the owners manual says...... Fingerwag.gif I bet my warranty is void.

Edited by Sunset_Bob

Yeah I realize now that the first service isn't supposed to be until 20 hours, but do you think I'm hurting anything by getting it done early? Do you think that in the next 10 hours, there's going to be that much more wear on the engine that I should have the fluids changed again at 20 hours? I don't think so, but I want to get others opinions.

Edited by jtrovato

It's more than just the engine that is getting checked out on the 20 hour service. They are "supposed" to do something like a 100 point inspection of everything mechanical to make sure it's functioning properly. I'd call and cancel if I were you and just put a few more hours on there.