Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV Hull Length

Capt-Rum

Hey All, First post and not YET a bu owner but very soon. I'm looking at the Sunscape LSV models and due to finances or lack there of, I'm in the used market I think. 04 was the last year for the shorter diamond hull, right? In 05 they went to a 21'6", right? Where did they put the 6" and with the added weight and same power plant is there a big advantage to the 05? Of course the fact that the 05 is a year newer.

Hey All, First post and not YET a bu owner but very soon. I'm looking at the Sunscape LSV models and due to finances or lack there of, I'm in the used market I think. 04 was the last year for the shorter diamond hull, right? In 05 they went to a 21'6", right? Where did they put the 6" and with the added weight and same power plant is there a big advantage to the 05? Of course the fact that the 05 is a year newer.

Sunscape '05 and newer 21 LSV is 6 in. longer and on a V25 diamond hull, as opposed to SV23 diamond.

Also a bit beamier (98 in. vs. 93 in), heavier (3500 lbs. vs. 2900 lbs.), and with greater seating capacity

(12 person vs. 10 person). As to whether there is an advantage, aside from roominess and maybe rough

water ride, many would say that the older Sunscape was a better ski boat (lighter boat on what is

considered a better hull for slalom wakes). However, because of this perception, those older Sunscapes

hold their value very well. When I was in the market, they were asking $30+ K.

If you can find a pre-'05 Sunscape, ride it, ski it, and compare. But, don't expect a bargain price.

I've skied an 02 and loved it, however never skied an 05 or newer. As an average skier would i really notice a difference? Anybody else ski both?