Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just wanted to say "Hi"

SacKen

Hi, everyone! I just joined the Malibu family this weekend with the purchase of a 2007 VLX. We took her out to Folsom Lake for the maiden voyage on Sunday and had a blast!

I've been a boater since I was in diapers. (No) thanks to college and career building, I was out of the boating scene for about 10 years and just got back into it a couple years ago. I grew-up skiing and knee-boarding, but missed wakeboarding since it really took off during the time I was "away". I'm really looking forward to getting into it.

If you Sacramento area folks happen to see a new Malibu on Folsom Lake with a thirty-something face planting behind it, it's probably me!

Welcome to the site and the crew. There are a lot of members in your area and we do a lot of events so you will have to come out and meet everyone, sometime.

How 'bout some pics of the new boat? Dontknow.gif cummon.. show her off!

I will soon. I was so excited to go out that I totally forgot to take pictures!! :Doh: We got off the lake late and just cleaned up then parked her in storage until next weekend. We plan to be out on the lake again next Sunday. I'll have to remember to take pictures this time.

Camping in a couple weeks should produce some nice pictures with the mountains in the background while riding on glass as the sun goes down. I can't wait!

How 'bout some pics of the new boat? Dontknow.gif cummon.. show her off!

I will soon. I was so excited to go out that I totally forgot to take pictures!! :Doh: We got off the lake late and just cleaned up then parked her in storage until next weekend. We plan to be out on the lake again next Sunday. I'll have to remember to take pictures this time.

Camping in a couple weeks should produce some nice pictures with the mountains in the background while riding on glass as the sun goes down. I can't wait!

Where you going camping at, Shasta?

:welocme:

There is a large group of BU owners in Sactown. Plus, many of us "Bay Area" types frequent the lakes up there and the Delta.

:werule:

Welcome to the Crew! We hit Folsom as well but finding glass now until Labor Day will be a tall order. Come hang w/ the norcal crew on our link for local gatherings and day events.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I got pictures now. We went camping last week and really got to treat the boat the way she deserves to be treated! Glassy water on a quiet lake with few boats. I shot these pictures just after we anchored her for the evening. I swear the last one should be in a freakin' brochure. Enjoy!

MalibuCloseup.jpg

MalibuProfile.jpg

MalibuSunset.jpg

Wow! send those to Malibu... they feature new owners on their site from time to time... that last one is brochure or postcard material....think u should make it a postcard and send all your friends postcards from your lake trip so they can drool over the boat and scenery.

Alright. I got pictures now. We went camping last week and really got to treat the boat the way she deserves to be treated! Glassy water on a quiet lake with few boats. I shot these pictures just after we anchored her for the evening. I swear the last one should be in a freakin' brochure. Enjoy!

MalibuCloseup.jpg

MalibuProfile.jpg

MalibuSunset.jpg

Sweet boat and nice pics.

I'm jealous, your new VLX looks better than mine. Biggrin.gif How did you figure out how to post pictures? I saw that you asked the question but I didn't see an answer. Tell me the trick and I'll show you my slightly less good looking Bu in trade.

Wow! Excellent photos..should be candidates for the next MalibuCrew calendar. Beautiful boat!

:welocme:

There is a large group of BU owners in Sactown. Plus, many of us "Bay Area" types frequent the lakes up there and the Delta.

:werule:

Don't forget the Central Valley and foothills Fingerwag.gif

Welcome.gif

Edited by LS-One

Beautiful boat!!

Welcome to the crew! We live close to Folsom Lake, but don't really go there much since it's so busy. Lots of other crew around here is lucky enough to hit Folsom in the middle of the day when it's less busy..... we're not that lucky. But I'd prefer the delta, Oroville, or Shasta any day of the week anyway... ;)

Glad you found us!! There's still time to hop in on the NorCal WOW (Weekend on the Water) up at Oroville next weekend if you're up to meet some crew!

SWEET Pic's! Was that at Rollins?

Yeah dude...that last pic is awesome. I especially like how you captured the California forest fires off in the distance and draped the Elbonian flag off the tower.

Just kidding. Photoshop that towel out (I'm sure it's the one you used to wipe down that gorgeous boat before tieing off for the night), and that picture is just amazing. Welcome!

... How did you figure out how to post pictures? ...

I always just use photobucket since most sites I frequent have little or no storage for pictures.

that is a sweet pic. Nice looking boat too. What lake?

Should I really tell in such a public forum? Few people, even those living around Sac, seem to know about it and I wouldn't want a bunch of Tiges and MCs out there roughing up the water! ;) Many have heard about it, but not in reference to being a good sport lake. I definitely think we should have a Malibu Crew camping trip one weekend. Ride every morning until the wind kicks up around 10:30, chill at camp or on the beach until the wind calms down around 5:30, then ride until the sun goes down. I love this place and it is why I go a few weekends every summer!

Beautiful boat!!

Welcome to the crew! We live close to Folsom Lake, but don't really go there much since it's so busy. Lots of other crew around here is lucky enough to hit Folsom in the middle of the day when it's less busy..... we're not that lucky. But I'd prefer the delta, Oroville, or Shasta any day of the week anyway... ;)

Glad you found us!! There's still time to hop in on the NorCal WOW (Weekend on the Water) up at Oroville next weekend if you're up to meet some crew!

Yeah, the weekend before the 4th was the last time I plan to hit Folsom this year. The water dropped so much in one week that Granite Bay went from using the upper ramps just a week before to using the lower ramps that were under water a week before... and even they were starting to bottom out! The water was so busy and ocean-like that it was impossible to do anything. I just filled the sacks and made waves for my SeaDoo buddies to jump.

Next weekend is already busy, but I do plan to join y'all sometime to meet some new people.

Yeah dude...that last pic is awesome. I especially like how you captured the California forest fires off in the distance and draped the Elbonian flag off the tower.

Just kidding. Photoshop that towel out (I'm sure it's the one you used to wipe down that gorgeous boat before tieing off for the night), and that picture is just amazing. Welcome!

Yeah, I almost went back out to remove the towel and close the windshield when I saw how perfect the light was that night. It was a little overcast and just gave off the kind of light that hobby/wannabe photographers like me just drool over.

I wanted to edit out the towel, but my computer died a couple months ago and I seem to have lost my Paint Shop Pro disk! So I tried to think of a reason to leave it in from an artistic perspective. I figured that the towel could be just like an athlete walking into the locker room after a hard fought victory, towel draped over their shoulder while one hand uses a corner to wipe away the sweat from their forehead. My Bu has a towel draped over its "shoulder" after a spectacular performance where she worked hard. [/MasculinityDepletionMode]

Edited by SacKen
[/MasculinityDepletionMode]
:lol:

Nice athlete analogy...are you falling for it? :unsure: Cause we're not. No.gif

Tease2.gif

One last thing...I must have missed it, what lake did you say that was? Whistling.gif

[/MasculinityDepletionMode]
:lol:

Nice athlete analogy...are you falling for it? :unsure: Cause we're not. No.gif

Tease2.gif

One last thing...I must have missed it, what lake did you say that was? Whistling.gif

QUOTE(mrothwell @ Jul 11 2007, 07:23 AM)

that is a sweet pic. Nice looking boat too. What lake?

Should I really tell in such a public forum? Few people, even those living around Sac, seem to know about it and I wouldn't want a bunch of Tiges and MCs out there roughing up the water! Many have heard about it, but not in reference to being a good sport lake. I definitely think we should have a Malibu Crew camping trip one weekend. Ride every morning until the wind kicks up around 10:30, chill at camp or on the beach until the wind calms down around 5:30, then ride until the sun goes down. I love this place and it is why I go a few weekends every summer!

You didn't miss it, it wasn't stated. I think I've got a good guess which lake it is..... ;)