Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Girls WB Bindings

jetskipro550

Sarah FINALLY learned how to wakeboard last week while at Shasta Yahoo.gif Got up on her 4th try and has been getting up each time sense. I bought her a board 3 years ago (which still hasn't gotten used Crazy.gif ) but now she wants bindings for her B-day. I have been looking at both the Minx and Fusions, but I don't know if I can justify the extra costs of the Minx since she is a beginner and will probably never do anything but W2W jumps (if that). Her board is baby blue and white so the bindings have to be either or both of those colors Crazy.gif

Sarah FINALLY learned how to wakeboard last week while at Shasta Yahoo.gif Got up on her 4th try and has been getting up each time sense. I bought her a board 3 years ago (which still hasn't gotten used Crazy.gif ) but now she wants bindings for her B-day. I have been looking at both the Minx and Fusions, but I don't know if I can justify the extra costs of the Minx since she is a beginner and will probably never do anything but W2W jumps (if that). Her board is baby blue and white so the bindings have to be either or both of those colors Crazy.gif

Neither. Get her either the CWB Sevens or Torques. The Sevens don't have independent upper & lower laces, & I think that the Torques have a bit more support, but either would be a great binding for her. Easy in, easy out, comfy, good support. The only other binding that I'd personally look at would the new Ronix stuff. O Brien has some nice stuff as well, but I found their bindings in the correct size pinched my toes. They were comfy otherwise & were also easy in & out (no lube, no water in the store :))

I had the Minx bindings for 3.5 years & I found that they didn't hold up well at all, plus they're not so easy to get on & off. JM2C

she is a beginner and will probably never do anything but W2W jumps (if that). Crazy.gif

You say it like that is a problem.. for sure not a reason to skimp on bindings. I say fancy bindings and a crapy board would make her happier than a fancy board and crapy bindings

...of course I have neither, and probably why I'm pretty much a W2W guy (if that)

she is a beginner and will probably never do anything but W2W jumps (if that). Crazy.gif

You say it like that is a problem.. for sure not a reason to skimp on bindings. I say fancy bindings and a crapy board would make her happier than a fancy board and crapy bindings

...of course I have neither, and probably why I'm pretty much a W2W guy (if that)

speaking of crappy bindings..... did you get Shanookies replaced yet? Tease2.gif

speaking of crappy bindings..... did you get Shanookie replaced yet? Tease2.gif

Ah.. nope.. not yet Whistling.gif

She complains that they get loose - from what we saw, they seemed to stay on her feet juuuuust fine Biggrin.gif

She complains that they get loose - from what we saw, they seemed to stay on her feet juuuuust fine Biggrin.gif

Ummmmm, that's why one foot came out and well yatatatata 10 staples later..... Fingerwag.gif

Neither. Get her either the CWB Sevens or Torques. The Sevens don't have independent upper & lower laces, & I think that the Torques have a bit more support, but either would be a great binding for her. Easy in, easy out, comfy, good support. The only other binding that I'd personally look at would the new Ronix stuff. O Brien has some nice stuff as well, but I found their bindings in the correct size pinched my toes. They were comfy otherwise & were also easy in & out (no lube, no water in the store :))

I had the Minx bindings for 3.5 years & I found that they didn't hold up well at all, plus they're not so easy to get on & off. JM2C

I would look into other stuff, but its fashion of function...they gotta be white and or blue. However, I know that she won't want to mess with bindings that are difficult to get in and out of. I will look into the ones you suggested.

Nothing bad about that...just that she doesn't need a set that will able her to advance onto crazy tricks. I also happen to think that the bindings are the most important part of the setup, but I don't want to spend a ton for one binding when another will work just fine.

Ummmmm, that's why one foot came out and well yatatatata 10 staples later..... Fingerwag.gif

Nope - acording to her, she had both feet still in, had to release them both

YES!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Torques!!!

Pat,

All of those binding manufacturers have women's equivalents & I think that blue & white are pretty common. So check those out. With the CWBs, look specifically for the Hinge Tech models. O'Brien had a few older style bindings, but the newer (upper end) ones are built more like a snowboard boot in that they have an inner liner that's made of neoprene. The Ronix models are similar - the neoprene makes it easy to get in & out of, & they're super comfy (the Ronix boots in particular, even with the closed toes I could live in those things). CWBs are of the older style with the rubber inlays, but the Hinge Tech makes up for it. LF is missing the boat on this stuff, JMO of course.

It looks like the Bliss is basically the Seven, & the Sage is the Torque. The Seven is what we bought for RJ & I can wear them, but without the dual zone laces (Seven/Bliss have 1 long lace to cinch the entire boot whereas the Torque/Sage have a high lace & low lace to let you really fine tune where & how tight you want it) it doesn't allow me the flexibility that I need with my bad foot. With that said, it's only my bad foot that feels it & for most the Seven would probably work fine. The Sage/Torque does look more comfy though, that's the one that I'd go for if it were me.

How about these?

1. CWB Bliss

2. CWB Sage

Are the Sages really $40 better then the Bliss? Comfort and ease of entry/exit will be BIG factors (she just doesn't realize that now) to how much she likes them...and wants to ride.

Got my daughter the embers and she loves them. Her riding time has been extended, not good for me, and can get in/out very easy. Call Tom at DWC he likes us malibu guys and will give you a smokin deal, trust me.

Just drop some cash and go with the Ronix "One" Rockon.gif They are the best of the best. Also they are the most supportive and comfortable bindings on the market.

I just ended up telling her she is going to get bindings, so now we can go up to the store and she can try them all on...I even had her read this thread :lol:

I just ended up telling her she is going to get bindings, so now we can go up to the store and she can try them all on...I even had her read this thread :lol:

HAHAHA...between the Ronix and the CWB bindings you should be good to go!!! Trying them on will be good for her, make sure she practices a wakeboarding stance when trying them on...it may look funny in the store but hey it will give her a good idea of fit and feel.

Thanks for everyones help! After going to the store and her trying on different bindings, she fell in love with the Minx. She was able to get into them easily without water and when tightened down she said the were more comfortable then shoes...that sealed the deal :)

Thanks again!

Nope - acording to her, she had both feet still in, had to release them both

Some one will have new mini Vargas bindings at WOW Whistling.gif