Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Racks - Titan III

Tuhys

Hello all. We are gearing up our V-Ride with the Titan III tower. I need to acquire two racks, one for a dual wakebaord mount and one for a kneeboard mount. Right now I am looking at Skylon's new '07 Black "S" Plate design; one dual wake and one surfboard.

Any feedback? Does anyone know for certain that a kneeboard will fit into the surfboard rack? Any other reasonably priced suggestions?

Thank you all!

Yeah, I should have added a smiley or something, it was an attempt to harass him for kneeboarding (assuming that he does kneeboard).

All Titan tower use 2.25" tubing, so accessories will be the same, whether it is a Series I, II or III.

Skylon builds good products, but I would stick with Titan for racks if it were me. The new DLX rack, which is available in both wakeboard and wakesurf versions looks fantastic, and is very well designed.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason,

My spinner wake rack on a Titan II (both installed in May) is slipping down the tower & rotating when I have 2 boards in it and am in heavier chop. It's fine with one board in it in any conditions, but I didn't pay $$$ to only use half the rack. Any recommendations on how to stop the slipping? I know it uses 2 O-Rings to mount to tower, but don't know if there's a way to tighten them more or how to loosen it so I can easily remove it & replace the O-Rings with new ones (I have new ones from Titan). When I removed the top plate, there is really a nearly solid material hoop within the housing & some access to the bolts that hold the rack to the spinner mount. I haven't pulled the bottom plate yet.

You'll need to dismantle the entire "stack". That's easiest to do with the rear hoop off of the boat. Pull out the 4 bolts on the top and bottom to get access to the inside. Once you've done that you'll need to remove the bushings to get to the inner mount that secures to the tower. I would contact Titan to see if they can send you a set of instructions for assembly, it will save you a ton of time.

You'll need to dismantle the entire "stack". That's easiest to do with the rear hoop off of the boat. Pull out the 4 bolts on the top and bottom to get access to the inside. Once you've done that you'll need to remove the bushings to get to the inner mount that secures to the tower. I would contact Titan to see if they can send you a set of instructions for assembly, it will save you a ton of time.

Thanks Jason.

I'll consider getting instructions from Titan - or just have No Wake do it. Typically it's just me working on it and removing/securing the rear hoop to remove the bolts could be a challenge. I had the top cover off, but didn't have time to take bottom cover off & see how to get bushings out. There's not a lot of clearance between the outter housing and the bushings to get anything in there to pry them out and I didn't want to damage anything. Probably easiest to remove lower one & see about dropping lower bushing, then outer shell to remove top bushing.

If No Wake doesn't get to it by the end of next week, I'll pick it up and work on it myself.

Do you know if it's 4mm or 5/32 allen for the bolts? They are very close to the same size, but I don't want to strip them out & they are tough to remove.

Thanks again.