Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X Cargo Rack

malik

Does anyone have any pics of the Cargo rack for an Illusion X tower? Anyone know the cost of them and know if you can get one from someone else other than Malibu? Thanks for the help

Here's a couple of pictures I took at the boat show. Don't know any other details, sorry.

Talk to the man you got your boat from. Whistling.gif

Edited by Rson

Trent

that guy has stopped making them because he couldn't keep up with the demand....and they weren't cost effective for him

Frank picked up 3 at the beginning of the season and put one on his boat

I think he was kinda making a list as to who wants one...in case he finds more

they are too big for my VLX.......so I loaded up on board racks and a really big inflator :-)

later

Does anyone have any pics of the Cargo rack for an Illusion X tower? Anyone know the cost of them and know if you can get one from someone else other than Malibu? Thanks for the help

Hi Trent,

I am in the market for one of these too. I have not been able to find one other than what the dealers offer and they want a ridiculous amount of money for them. If you have any luck finding one, or one that is similar please let me know, my bimini is pretty tattered so I would love to make a purchase soon. You can reach me via this post or my email address "[email protected]

I have a 2004 23 LSV.

-Dave

The three that "Frank picked up" are ones that I found from a guy on this board, I think it was Tenn Watersports or something. One went on Frank's, one went on mine, and one went on another guys. If I recall, the guy in Tenn still had two more.

I will tell you one thing. If you get one, be very very careful how you strap boards on top. A wakeboard flew off the top of mine and damn near killed tgaugh.

edit: here is a pic of mine link

Edited by zzbutler
DSC_6714.jpg

Here are 2 images.

Like I said....call the guy who sold you your boat Biggrin.gif

Hate to say it, and my wife would probably slap me, but I don't see a boat in that picture at all.... Surprised.gif

Edited by Helinut

Here are 2 images.

Hate to say it, and my wife would probably slap me, but I don't see a boat in that picture at all.... :D

Hahahaha, I'm glad you said it first Innocent.gifInnocent.gifInnocent.gif

Rson, Were you out during the TX WOW last year? I could have sworn we saw your boat go by. Also, did your boat come with a 3 axle Extreme and was it built in CA?

Here are 2 images.

Hate to say it, and my wife would probably slap me, but I don't see a boat in that picture at all.... :D

Rson, Were you out during the TX WOW last year? I could have sworn we saw your boat go by. Also, did your boat come with a 3 axle Extreme and was it built in CA?

I don't beleive that is his boat(could be wrong), but yes it is on a triple axle Extreme trailer. Its Chris Crysdale's(Malibu Rep) old boat. They were at the Malibu Appr. day last year. I can't think of his name but his wife(the one in the orange) is Cindy. They are nice people. They use to have a Supra but finally made the good decision to get a Malibu. The Boat and trailer look even better in person.

DSC_6714.jpg

Here are 2 images.

Hate to say it, and my wife would probably slap me, but I don't see a boat in that picture at all.... Surprised.gif

I see the boat but there is something much more interesting there also Tease.gif

Here are 2 images.

Me own a boat??? ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif NOPE. Frank won't order my wife a pink boat so we are in a stalemate. I have known Tim and Frank for years. I am the person behind the lens at most of WSA's functions. In fact I shot Franks wedding in Cabo.

Yes, that is Crysdales 2005 demo boat. He sold it to a local couple. I happen to have pics of their tower from last years owner appreciation.

Ronnie, I was the fool who busted my ROFL.gif a** on your slick seats. Mad.gif

and yes Ronnie, I am the local expert. Tongue.gif

Edited by Rson

I don't remember you sliding around on my seats...Was I there? I would have enjoyed that, but it probably wasn't as good a me busting mine on my slick platform several times. Thumbup.gif

DSC_6714.jpg

Here are 2 images.

I see the boat but there is something much more interesting there also Tease.gif

Yep and it ain't the dog! Drool.gif

DSC_6714.jpg

Here are 2 images.

Yeah, and my husband's comment was "wow! what a set of racks!"......I am pretty certain I know what "set of racks" he was referring to! Crazy.gif

Here are 2 images.

Me own a boat??? ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif NOPE.

Well the reason I asked was that when I ordered my boat, I was told by the factory that it was the first one they were doing in the classic vs. progressive gel coat. I was unsure aobut how it was going to come out. After we ordered it, the factory found one boat that had the classic gel and sent me pictures..... Then later that year, we were at TX WOW and saw it cruising by. :)

post-28-1183044813_thumb.jpg

post-28-1183044837_thumb.jpg

The three that "Frank picked up" are ones that I found from a guy on this board, I think it was Tenn Watersports or something. One went on Frank's, one went on mine, and one went on another guys. If I recall, the guy in Tenn still had two more.

I will tell you one thing. If you get one, be very very careful how you strap boards on top. A wakeboard flew off the top of mine and damn near killed tgaugh.

I noticed the small wheels in the aft of your trailer. Are these standard on the 24'? Why are they on the 24 and not on the 23?. Do they actually ever come into contact with the ground?

DSC_6714.jpg

Here are 2 images.

Yeah, and my husband's comment was "wow! what a set of racks!"......I am pretty certain I know what "set of racks" he was referring to! Crazy.gif

haha. i think he was talking about the orange racks

Call Portside Marina in Culver, IN (574-842-5000). Ask for Tom or Glen. I believe they've still got one attached to a 247 on the floor that they'd probably sell you.

I noticed the small wheels in the aft of your trailer. Are these standard on the 24'? Why are they on the 24 and not on the 23?. Do they actually ever come into contact with the ground?

Generally those are optional, they're called prop cage rollers. They protect the prop cage & yes, on some trailers they do come in contact with the ground. When you are going down a steep incline (usually out of a driveway or parking lot) or have to back the trailer up one, they really come in handy.

price ???????

No, I don't think they come standard on any trailer that I have seen. On this trailer, I had them put on at the Dorsey factory when they built the trailer. On my last one, I had them welded on at a local shop. Yes, they do come in contact quite often. I wouldn't even be able to back in my driveway without them because the driveway is too steep by the street and the prop cage would bottom out otherwise.

price ???????

I can't say how much we made the deal on the three. I can tell you that they were retailing for over 2k year before last. I think the guy that originally posted them on this site in Tenn wanted $1400 to get rid of them fast.