Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

speedometor just went dead

euro 1

Hey there,

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot or repair a speedometer? Ihave dual speedometers and one just went dead on me. I'd like to fix or repair it and don't really where to start? Does anyone have experience with this item? Thanks Euro1

Probably just got some weeds in the pitot tube for the speedo that went dead. My lake has a lot of weeds and if I just put it in reverse for a moment or two it usually clears.

I've got an '04 and the connections under the dash were sketchy on some of my gauges. Once they were reconencted correctly I haven't had any gauge issues.

- Basically stick your head under there and check the connections coming off that gauge. Test them if you can.

I am curious about this, I have a 99 sunsetter LX since purchasing this 4 years ago, I have only had one pick up working. I have switched tubes, ruling out the pitot, and now one will peg to 60 and the other is so slow on the pick up. IDEAS??

I've got an '04 and the connections under the dash were sketchy on some of my gauges. Once they were reconencted correctly I haven't had any gauge issues.

- Basically stick your head under there and check the connections coming off that gauge. Test them if you can.

Probably just got some weeds in the pitot tube for the speedo that went dead. My lake has a lot of weeds and if I just put it in reverse for a moment or two it usually clears.

Plus1.gif on the clogged tube. Try using a bent paper clip to clean them out if something is stuck in there.

I am curious about this, I have a 99 sunsetter LX since purchasing this 4 years ago, I have only had one pick up working. I have switched tubes, ruling out the pitot, and now one will peg to 60 and the other is so slow on the pick up. IDEAS??

Is the side that's pegging to 60 the side that wasn't working at all before? Maybe the previous owner tried using the adjustment on the speedo when it stopped working. Have you played with the adjusting arrows?

My guess is the slow pickup is likely caused by a partially clogged tube.

Thanks,

I will clear them tonight and see if it makes a difference!

Is the side that's pegging to 60 the side that wasn't working at all before? Maybe the previous owner tried using the adjustment on the speedo when it stopped working. Have you played with the adjusting arrows?

My guess is the slow pickup is likely caused by a partially clogged tube.