Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Should I reprop

Liquidroam

I am running a 21 Sunscape with:

• 400 lbs in each locker beside the engine
  • 650lbs in the center
  • 400 lbs of POPpvable ballast
  • 4-10 people

The motor is the 340 Monsoon, and I have the standard prop that came with the boat.

At this point the boat is a dog when fully loaded. I need to do someting this week as I have folks coming next week and the boat will be loaded for surfing and boarding.

We also Ski so I don't want to take to drastic a move as I don't want to be running 5500 RPM at 30 MHP. I really appreciate any help I can get.

I have not direct advise for the PROP itself...but it sounds like it definately needs some help. I am running a 16 pitch and am really pleased. 380HP/HH tho, kind of a different hound.

Someone will chime in with a suggestion to a specific prop, but i think it is VERY common to do so when you throw that amount of weight in it...and b/c it is a SUNSCAPE, maybe it came with more of a general (higher pitched) prop than a WB boat? Dontknow.gif

I am running a 21 Sunscape with:
  • 400 lbs in each locker beside the engine
  • 650lbs in the center
  • 400 lbs of POPpvable ballast
  • 4-10 people

The motor is the 340 Monsoon, and I have the standard prop that came with the boat.

At this point the boat is a dog when fully loaded. I need to do someting this week as I have folks coming next week and the boat will be loaded for surfing and boarding.

We also Ski so I don't want to take to drastic a move as I don't want to be running 5500 RPM at 30 MHP. I really appreciate any help I can get.

A bunch of us have been very happy with the OJ 475. Great hole shot and not much top end loss. If you don't mind some top loss (2-4mph), the OJ468 or ACME 1235 is a rocket out of the hole. With the weight/people load you have the OJ475 should work well for you.

See the Group Buy still going on below...it's a good deal and Eric @ OJ has been very helpful.

Jshap has it right. You will loose some top end but will gain a great hole shot with the OJ 475 or the 1235 (468 will hit the rev limiter). The OJ buy is still on so shoot me a PM and would be at your door this week. Do you know what prop you have now? You may also want to give up skiing Tease2.gif JK. LOL

Jshap has it right. You will loose some top end but will gain a great hole shot with the OJ 475 or the 1235 (468 will hit the rev limiter). The OJ buy is still on so shoot me a PM and would be at your door this week. Do you know what prop you have now? You may also want to give up skiing Tease2.gif JK. LOL

I do want to participate in this. Let me know if you got the message I sent you.