Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 wakestter vlx starter

does anyone know what type or model number the starter is on my 2004 wakesetter vlx? it has the monsoon 340 in it. the starter is seized and i need to order wnother from my mechanic friend but he needs to know what type it is to order it.

I'd pull it out and give it to him. First, noting exactly what wires go where.

You could have it re-built. You need to make sure it's a marine grade starter too.

I'd pull it out and give it to him. First, noting exactly what wires go where.

You could have it re-built. You need to make sure it's a marine grade starter too.

so they dont use one type of starter on that engine? the boat is hours from the shop so i wanted to just get the part and put it in myself so i wouldnty have to make 3 trips

I think it's this one.

Call them, tell them what boat you have to make sure you get the right one. They're an excellent company to do business with.

Edited by Pistol Pete