Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Won't reach top RPM

Mike d Wakeboarder

today i was out on the boat and after riding for about 2 hours i went to WOT and the boat only got to about 4800RPMs. it normaly goes to 5250. what could cause it to do that? i have the Monsoon 340 with Catalyst. thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder

My obvious suggestion might be a different load on the boat? If it was running solid and strong up to 4800 or so, did you have ballast full and/or more people than usual?

You run it up to 5200rpm? Mine (04 HH) will hit the rev limiter a tad under 5100rpm...it has the 16 pitch prop, so would otherwise probably over rev.

Just a thought...

MIne is doing the same thing. Mine has a rough idle also. At 4800 mine is cutting out and falling on its face. The dealer told me that its probably the coil or computer, well see.

May want to check the fuel pressure as well.

Mike

how would i do that. it has the in tank fuel pump. thanks.

May want to check the fuel pressure as well.

Mike

how would i do that. it has the in tank fuel pump. thanks.

You can attach a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rails Biggrin.gif