Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking about a new board

HoustonPerson

Demo what you can. I have 4 different boards I like. I went to my local dealers demo day and rode all 4 and found the right one for me. I still have too many boards, but use some on sliders, etc.

I'm new to boarding and I need to know what size would be best and maybe what model to start with?

I'm 6'1" and 205lbs...............  I learn pretty quick and I have boarded a few times but I'm still learning.

I'd suggest a board in the 140+ range. 144 would be even better at your weight (same as mine). I'd highly suggest a continuous rocker. The pop is more consistent and you'll learn much faster. I own both a HL Premiere and HL Belmont - I made the mistake of thinking more agressive pop had to be better. When I switched back from the 3 stage premier to the continuous rocker Belmont I suddenly found that consistency helped me improve. Even though my peak height wasn't as impressive, I could learn from the more predictable performance of the continuous rocker. I tried the Parks and had some unbelievable hops - but bottom line should be what gives you the most predictable response for your level of riding.

i heard the lf substance and team, hl 3ds, murray, and era are all awesome boards everyone can enjoy on one level or another. i want to demo a 3ds, i may not like how it rides but i sure do love those graphics, very..."sanitary" as my father would say.

don't discount cwb either, they put together an awesome lineup. i rode a freedom 134 all alst season and loved it.