Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrading to New Tower

ffdawg

may be all they can afford, and they probably have lots of fun with it too. there are a couple of kids on our river with a beat to crap boat with a makeshift tower, and they are WAAAAAY better than me....

That is on the Columbia isn't it. Hey I was just there last weekend, good news there is now a stripper pole out there. This is going to be a great summer Clap.gif .

Edited by 06vlx

06vlx,

What was the water temp on the Columbia last weekend or did you go out?? I am heading over for the 4th and was curious.

Of course I went in... It was a balmy 62 degrees and I was trunkin it. Well I had a heater top on. If you're lucky it'll be 63 by then.

Wow,

the water must warm up alot between Wenatchee and Vantage... Last year when I was up towards Sun cove it was a fridgid 57 degrees on the 4th. It must be those smokin hot pole dancers keepin the water warm down there.

Where's sunland?

Last weekend the weather was ok but it decided to rain on friday and then Sat late afternoon the wind was insane, blowing tents over that were full of crap. No fun. We did manage to have a little fun in the sun. Unfortunately there was no stripper pole action that weekend.

Edited by 06vlx

Just towards Vantage from the Sandbar. Only about 10-15 min at a nice cruise.

It's a vacation community of a couple hundred homes. Has a clubhouse w/pool, store, and a nice launch.

Pretty much a big party all the time.

Ok I know where you're talking about. Seems like a cool place. How often do you get down there. I really like going to vantage, it's out of town but a short trip you know what I mean.

We go over 4-5 times a year. Always on Labor Day weekend.

Between doing that, Chelan for a week, and Banks lake for a week it makes for a pretty awesome summer.

Make sure you keep it hot over there. You ever to go Sammamish, I'm there all the time. Got a buddy that lives on the lake, he's also a member here but doesn't visit much..

Almost went up there today. Lake Tapps is still down. Cry.gif

Stayed home though an put on my new racks. Got 4 Titan board racks, and 1 surf rack. They all have lift offs so I can swap the surf rack for a board rack if I have a bunch of people with their own boards.

Also got 4 empty Alpha 1 cans so I can get the speakers myself.

Edited by Lgndracer
You're going to have to get him to come out to Dave Mathews this year, always a good time on the sandbar Biggrin.gif

He's already got reservations there for Labor Day weekend, and he's bringin Big Mama (the pontoon boat). Not sure if I'm going yet or not. If not, I'm sure you'll see him.

may be all they can afford, and they probably have lots of fun with it too. there are a couple of kids on our river with a beat to crap boat with a makeshift tower, and they are WAAAAAY better than me....

My first thought when I saw that was "there's no way that thing will hold!". Then I thought "how funny would that look on my boat?!". If it works I'm in no way slamming them for their ingenuity, or for not choosing to or not having enough to spring for a Malibu. And yes, they probably could all board and surf circles around me (bet I could get 'em on a slalom ski, though).

Don't want to come across as a ski snob, just thought it was definitely a "unique" look. I'm sure they do have fun with it.

My first thought when I saw that was "there's no way that thing will hold!". Then I thought "how funny would that look on my boat?!". If it works I'm in no way slamming them for their ingenuity, or for not choosing to or not having enough to spring for a Malibu. And yes, they probably could all board and surf circles around me (bet I could get 'em on a slalom ski, though).

Don't want to come across as a ski snob, just thought it was definitely a "unique" look. I'm sure they do have fun with it.

didn't think you were being a snob. Just wanted to point out that sometimes it doesn't matter what you have, as long as you have fun doing it. I used to think I was king s*** when I had my 16' cobia boat with 75hp outboard, and we thought being a good skier was seeing how fast you could go on 2 skis, and trying to get close to seagulls Surprised.gif

then i made the mistake of skiing behind a ski nautique one day, and i've been the "snob" since then.

didn't think you were being a snob. Just wanted to point out that sometimes it doesn't matter what you have, as long as you have fun doing it. I used to think I was king s*** when I had my 16' cobia boat with 75hp outboard, and we thought being a good skier was seeing how fast you could go on 2 skis, and trying to get close to seagulls Surprised.gif

then i made the mistake of skiing behind a ski nautique one day, and i've been the "snob" since then.

Well, I will admit that being a Malibu owner now (although it's a used Malibu) actually has made me a bit of a snob, but I would never ridicule someone who just hasn't "seen the light" and been converted yet. I've spent plenty of outrageously fun days on the water in all sorts of crafts - the important thing is just getting out there.