Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 LSV review and cover problems

Lake.OD

I finally got to run my new baby last weekend and it was perfect. (Broke her in the weekend I got her) The boat was huge! I bought a 2005 Sun with all of the Wakesetter options (Fakesetter). I was VERY IMPRESSED at the ski wake at 15 off. No, you are not going to be doing any elite skiing for a tournament crown, but the wake at 15 off was MUCH better than my 1991 Mastercraft 210. I can see if I wanted a shorter rope it would get a little choppy, but I had 8 people on board and the sets I took were VERY GOOD!

Boat power (340 Monsoon), finish, and the stereo (4 Defcon across the Illusion, 4 Bazooka Marine 6 1/2" and a 12" Kicker Sub with a Memphis 5 channel amp) were absolutely perfect and VERY loud. All and all, I could not be happier with the new toy!

One question, for all of those with a boat slip, how do you get the cover over the swim deck?? I spent 20 minutes hanging over the edge and finally strapped it to the wedge to get complete coverage! Shocking.gif Where are the rear straps supposed to go through??? I have been told to get a piece of canvas sewed on the end so it will hang over?!? Any ideas. My boat slip if 24 long so coverage over the swim platform is a must, but there has got to be an easier way to do it than the wrestling match I had on Sunday afternoon! Also, I only cover her up when I am done for the weekend. What about others?? Nightly???

A little help would be appriciated!

Thanks!

Shocking.gif  Where are the rear straps supposed to go through??? 

My rear straps from my cover go to the trailer, not the boat/swim deck/ wedge.

The short answer is the trailer. But that doesn't help you. Sounds like the Wedge is the best bet. Do they need to be strapped? Or will the rest of them hold the cover in place? And what do you attach the others to? I take it it's on a lift. How about hanging some milk jugs full of water off the straps in the rear, that holds covers in place.

Welcome, btw...

Most folks I know just leave them loose. We have many customers with Bu's on lifts, and most just use the rope pulley to snug it up, and it works good w/o strapping it.

I don't understand how people just let the back of the cover "hang"? It will not cover up the entire swim deck, and you will get a lot of fade on the back edge with out a cover over it. Milk jugs, good idea, but I feel a little silly strapping empty milk jugs on my overpriced toy... boat snob I guess :lol: Has anybody ever attached an additional piece of canvas to the back of the cover so they can just "throw" it over the edge???

Milk jugs, good idea, but I feel a little silly strapping empty milk jugs on my overpriced toy... boat snob I guess :lol:

Well you could always use some designer water bottles...

I was thinking a couple of empty bottle of Bud Select, but how would you ever attach them??? BTW... to answer an earlier question... I attach the rest of the straps to the lift itself, however, you can't reach the lift from the back of the boat. I just stretched myself out on the engine box and leaned out over the swim deck and pulled them tight. It works good, but my GOD was it work... I am getting the feeling that I am in the minority on leaving my boat in the lift all summer...

Yeah, your one of the lucky few... consider it easier than trailering it everywhere you go!

Don't have a LSV, but we are also lucky enough to have our boat on a lift. I would second the rope pulley set-up.

The tie point was originally at the rear of the boat. When I had the cover modified for the tower, I added a pulley on each side of the boat between the tower legs. I still use the straps to make sure it is nice and snug.

I too have the pulley system and straps. How do you actually get the cover to stay over the end of the swim platform? Unless you get down and pull the straps up under the wedge and hang your body out over the platform you can't get it to stay!