Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tsunami Pro X Series Pump

ffdawg

Anyone ever make their own Tsunami Pro X Series pump? You can buy the 1200gph Tsunami pump all ready to go with the Pro X Series quick connects for around $100, but I think the Tsunami t-1200 pump is the exact same. You'd just have to purchase the female quick-connect adapter to put on the pump, the hose, and the quick-connect adapter for the other end and have the same thing, right? Or am I missing something? I figured I could easily put one together for around $50.

Anyone ever make their own Tsunami Pro X Series pump? You can buy the 1200gph Tsunami pump all ready to go with the Pro X Series quick connects for around $100, but I think the Tsunami t-1200 pump is the exact same. You'd just have to purchase the female quick-connect adapter to put on the pump, the hose, and the quick-connect adapter for the other end and have the same thing, right? Or am I missing something? I figured I could easily put one together for around $50.

no i think you have it about right. I have always thought it was a bit of a ripoff for the "kit" but i guess they sell, just not to someone who is half handy.

I was thinking the same thing. But I ended up just buying one since I didn't know where to get the special fittings for the wakesurf sac. By the time I tracked down the parts and ran out to Lowes for hose I figured it was worth the $40 extra just to order one. The kit also comes with fittings for the old style sacs and we have a couple of donated old ones and we didn't have those filler fittings.

Normally though I go with the U-design and build-it route.

I think also the wiring doesn't have the cigarette lighter fitting like the kit comes with. You would have to wire the pump differently.

I think also the wiring doesn't have the cigarette lighter fitting like the kit comes with. You would have to wire the pump differently.

I was just going to splice the wires coming off the pump to a 12 volt DC cigarette adapter?

I was just going to splice the wires coming off the pump to a 12 volt DC cigarette adapter?

That's all you'd have to do. Like Rod S was saying, I figured I would just spring for the extra $ to save me driving around and getting it all together. Kind of lazy, but hey....

That's all you'd have to do. Like Rod S was saying, I figured I would just spring for the extra $ to save me driving around and getting it all together. Kind of lazy, but hey....

The way I figure it, one trip to Lowe's for the hose (which is 5 mins from my house), and ordering the fittings online from wakeside - easy enough for me...

• 2 weeks later...

ffdawg -- can you post a link to the basic Tsunami pump you are referring to?

I was thinking of replacing my stock pumps on the boat with Tsunamis (and new 1.1/8" hose, etc.), but the only other Tsunami I can find (www.attwoodmarine.com) seems to be a bilge pump. it is possible to thread a quick connect onto that or is there another pump that I'm not seeing on their site?

thanks!

ffdawg -- can you post a link to the basic Tsunami pump you are referring to?

I was thinking of replacing my stock pumps on the boat with Tsunamis (and new 1.1/8" hose, etc.), but the only other Tsunami I can find (www.attwoodmarine.com) seems to be a bilge pump. it is possible to thread a quick connect onto that or is there another pump that I'm not seeing on their site?

thanks!

Here's a link to the t-1200 pump. It is different from the bilge pumps, but is the same pump they use for their Pro X Series pump without the quick-connect fittings and hose.

T-1200