Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pics from my wakeskate Raley/Dive Combo

Chauncemaster

After our previous discussion about wakeskate raleys and the like I was inspired this weekend to test out a few things on the skate. After doing some rolls and spins off the skate in midair I decided to try a modified raley off the wakeskate but instead of pulling back down I was going to try to end it in a baywatch style dive and get the whole thing on camera.

In my head, the trick played out smooth as silk. I would cut in hard and throw my feet back like a normal raley. Then I would let go of the rope, point my hands, and fly through the air culminating in a graceful dive out in the flats. Below is what actually occured... :blush:

It started out just like I expected. I cut out pretty far and cut back into the wake with as much speed as I could get on the skate:

gallery_217_69_5073.jpg

Once I got airborne I threw my feet back and left the skate behind. I was gracefully gaining altitude and flying through the air just like superman. I was watching the water rush by beneath me and decided to prepare for the baywatch dive so I let go of the handle. So far so good......

gallery_217_69_29416.jpg

This is when things got a bit out of control. It seemed like my feet kept rising up behind my head higher and higher. I willed them to come back down but since I had already tossed the handle I had no way to pul lthem back down like I would in a normal raley. I thought maybe if I fully extended my body I could slow the rotation enough to still pull of perhaps a sloppy baywatch dive. Big Mistake..... In this last picture yo ucan see me coming down fully extended and still rotating forward. I ended up doing a 100% extended backflop right at the beginning of the flats with the family jewels bearing the brunt of the force that brought me from 23 mph to 0. Cry.gif

gallery_217_69_62186.jpg

Ouch! I can't be responsible for suggesting the wakeskate thing as a "training aid". Use at your own risk... yikes! I hope you're ok. Whistling.gif

Ouch!  I can't be responsible for suggesting the wakeskate thing as a "training aid".  Use at your own risk... yikes!  I hope you're ok. Whistling.gif

I appear to be no worse for wear. I wasn't so much using the wakeskate as a "training aid" since I can already do a raley but more of a "carnage aid" to try to do something crazy. Crazy.gif I still think using the wakeskate as a training aid is a great idea.

That, my friend, was worth the price of admission. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I probably should apologize for whatever enjoyment that I get from the pain of others, but at least you can take solace in knowing that your pain was not in vain.

That, my friend, was worth the price of admission.  Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.

I probably should apologize for whatever enjoyment that I get from the pain of others, but at least you can take solace in knowing that your pain was not in vain.

I can't look at the last picture without laughing. And then I grimace when I remember the landing. Shocking.gif

I'm sure it's just the angle, but that 3rd pic seems to hold all the ingredients for a freak mishap! What with the board, the handle and the rope all appearing to be in close proximity of the inverted rider! Shocking.gif

I enjoyed the pics, nonetheless! :lol:

I'm sure it's just the angle, but that 3rd pic seems to hold all the ingredients for a freak mishap! What with the board, the handle and the rope all appearing to be in close proximity of the inverted rider!  Shocking.gif

I enjoyed the pics, nonetheless!    :lol:

Fortunately, the board ended up behind me and the rope in front of me. It does look pretty close in the pictures though, probably because of the zoom.

Holy cow! Surprised.gif I too have to apologize for laughing at someone else's pain (yours). Great pics however. Are those vidcaps? Thanks for sharing.

I offer no apologies for my immense enjoyment of your mishap! Awesome wreck.

I give it a......8.

A little more sideways off axis spin and you may have got a 9.

So keep trying!

Chauncemaster -- great entertainment value!! :lol:

But it is looking like your are missing the last pic in the series . . . .where is the impact photo???

Holy cow!  Surprised.gif  I too have to apologize for laughing at someone else's pain (yours).  Great pics however.  Are those vidcaps?  Thanks for sharing.

But it is looking like your are missing the last pic in the series . . . .where is the impact photo???

My friend Chris took the pictures on a digital camera that takes a series of pictures every 1/4 second or so. He only sent me a few of them so it is possible there is an impact one as well. If I get ahold of it I will post it.

Now you should do that same trick only this time, have the driver punch it and you tumble up barefooting!!! I'd give a dollar to see that!! Yahoo.gif

Hey Ya'll watch this!!! LOL!!! How'd that trick turn out??? Not to good!!! He, He!!! I have the same vest!!! Ha!!!! :Doh: