Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weight?

VolNavy

First off, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I've had my 03 VLX for one season and now that I've got one season under my belt--I'm ready to upgrade. I'm wondering what everyone's opinon is on weight placement? I've got the factory set up with a center and two rear tanks (plus wedge). There's a good deal on a pair of Fligh High rear sacs from an x-2 that I'm considering. A---will x-2 sacs fit (450 pounds per sac). B---how does weight placement affect my wake? Am I better off putting weight up front? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Oh, and C, if I do buy these sacs, can I plumb them in to my existing hard tanks?

Welcome to the site. There are quite a few threads on this subject if you have time to do a "search", but it kind of depends on what your needs are. For wakeboarding, those tanks would be probably enough, along with some in the front to get the nose back down, but if your "surfmotized", like so many of us, most guys are buying a 750 bag for the port corner, along with several other bags for the port side seat (assuming your not goofy footed). Most of the people are removing the hard tanks & connecting the existing plumbing to the new bags in the rear. Have fun.

I have an 03 VLX. I have plumbed in 2 extra fly highs in the back 250 each side. With factory MLS, Wedge and #500 sack in the bow it sets up real nice. I think I am going to get a 750 for the bow thow because if the water isn't real smooth the boat porpoises a little.