Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23 LSV '06 - Storing Wakeboards in Rear Storage Areas

Wildbank

Can anyone offer favorite ways to store wakeboards on a crowded '06 23LSV when the racks are full? Do they fit inside of the rear storage areas?

Can anyone offer favorite ways to store wakeboards on a crowded '06 23LSV when the racks are full? Do they fit inside of the rear storage areas?

Get more racks!!! Seriously, I have not been successfull getting boards into the storage area with out removing the bindings. Maybe a smaller mids size board.

Wow. Do you actually have 4 racks that are full? I can see why you have a crowded 23LSV :D I would assume they would fit in the lockers since I believe my buddy can put his in the lockers of a 21 Sunscape.

I can't fit them either without taking the bindings off. It sucks. I usually put them on the floor sideways in the walkthru to the bow.

Get more racks!!! Seriously, I have not been successfull getting boards into the storage area with out removing the bindings. Maybe a smaller mids size board.

Thanks for the tip. I suspected this would be the way to go.

I've got smaller boards, kids boards that I stick above the top board in the rack. Hmmm... I'll do my best to describe it.

In a normal rack the top board in the rack sits with the board facing down, boots facing up. My bungee goes between the boots of the top and bottom boards and holds them in tightly.

I turn a board (board A) so it's binding loop (I think they're called Gorilla loops??? - the loop you hold onto at the top of the rear of the binding to get IN the binding) is sitting on the board in the top rack (board B). Board A's binding is upside down -sitting between the bindings on Board B - and the rear of the binding on Board A is closest to the tower arm.

I feed the bungee through the binding loop of Board A and then around Board B and the bottom board in the rack.

Board A's bindings actually straddle board B's bindings. And becuase the weight is mostly in the bindings, the board sits stradling board B just fine.

I've been using this technique since last season and it's worked good. The only time it doesn't work well is when we are traveling fast across a lake - over 35 MPH. The wind picks up Board A like a sail and will knock it off. Becuase the bungee is through the binding loop it doesn't go far, but it could bonk someone in the head. This has only happened once. For the most part though, the board sits there and you completely forget about it. It's a good fix.

It's a good remedy when you've got a lot of boards and people on the boat.

I've got smaller boards, kids boards that I stick above the top board in the rack. Hmmm... I'll do my best to describe it.

In a normal rack the top board in the rack sits with the board facing down, boots facing up. My bungee goes between the boots of the top and bottom boards and holds them in tightly.

I turn a board (board A) so it's binding loop (I think they're called Gorilla loops??? - the loop you hold onto at the top of the rear of the binding to get IN the binding) is sitting on the board in the top rack (board B). Board A's binding is upside down -sitting between the bindings on Board B - and the rear of the binding on Board A is closest to the tower arm.

I feed the bungee through the binding loop of Board A and then around Board B and the bottom board in the rack.

Board A's bindings actually straddle board B's bindings. And becuase the weight is mostly in the bindings, the board sits stradling board B just fine.

I've been using this technique since last season and it's worked good. The only time it doesn't work well is when we are traveling fast across a lake - over 35 MPH. The wind picks up Board A like a sail and will knock it off. Becuase the bungee is through the binding loop it doesn't go far, but it could bonk someone in the head. This has only happened once. For the most part though, the board sits there and you completely forget about it. It's a good fix.

It's a good remedy when you've got a lot of boards and people on the boat.

Thansk for this! Your description was easy for me to picture. I will try it this weekend. I really appreciate the help.

right now my racks are getting repaired so when i go out i put the boards on there toe side edge on the sun deck and they stay there perfeck through rough water rides and high speeds. Thumbup.gif

I have an '01 Sunscape 23 LSV (with no rear ballast, working on that...) and I can get two boards in each rear locker with no problem now that I've moved the battery box up under the observers seat. One will fit if you turn it on it's side and point the fins towards the hull of the boat (the side or vertical part of the hull). The front of the board slides up past the false wall at the front of the compartment. The second board just lays in there flat with fins to the floor. The front slides up under the area below the false front a little bit also. Only downside is I can't the board that's on it's side out without removing the board that's laying flat (the bindings on the flat board get in the way).

Of course to do this your lockers have to be empty. Typically we only have life vests and wet/drysuits back there so a quick shuffle of a few things and the boards lay in there with minimal effort. Our lake is usually pretty rough and getting to our rack with the bimini up is a pain so we usually just put our boards in the back.

The only time it doesn't work well is when we are traveling fast across a lake - over 35 MPH. The wind picks up Board A like a sail and will knock it off. Becuase the bungee is through the binding loop it doesn't go far, but it could bonk someone in the head. This has only happened once.

And how did the person getting "BONKED" feel about it.. Crazy.gif

For everyone's info...in '04 the lockers were shortened in length from previous years when the hulls changed. The early lockers will hold a board fine. The later ones will not.

The only time it doesn't work well is when we are traveling fast across a lake - over 35 MPH. The wind picks up Board A like a sail and will knock it off. Becuase the bungee is through the binding loop it doesn't go far, but it could bonk someone in the head. This has only happened once.

And how did the person getting "BONKED" feel about it.. Crazy.gif

Well, what I meant was it's only bounced out of the 'seating' once. No one actually got bonked. Close though :)